xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

Phpmyadmin Don't Let Me Create A New Database? Needed for Drupal... :( :( :(

Hiya people... after installing my drupal (not fully) onto my hosting account and getting my domain name to point correctly to the drupal's index.php file, I have received the next problem. I don't think that it can be solved because this is on another hosting account, but I just want your opinions so I can make up my mind... :)People here are nicer and are quicker to reply to my problems... :D Thanks...OK, so the problem is that I can not seem to create a new database for my website on phpmyadmin. I don't know any other alternatives, but I know that I need a database if I am to install drupal on my site... :( I went to other places like PostgreSQL and it seems to allow me to create a database (I believe mahesh2k prefers this) but I don't know if drupal allows this... :D And I don't even know what phpmyadmin or postgreSQL does or anything like that.... what are they called again? Anyway, if I can just install my drupal on my site successfully, I'll be happy... :DThanks for any advice that I receive. I am sorry for taking up your time on this matter, especially if you won't be able to do anything to help me if it is a matter of my hosting company and there is no other alternative to help me install my drupal. Thank you very much once again, thanks.

you can create new mysql user and database via your cpanel, you know. just open your cpanel and went straight to mysql® database picture (that small dolphin one, yeah)

UPDATE: I just found a "Fantastico" on my cPanel... I believe that it has something to do with installing random Content Management Systems like Drupal down onto my site automatically... I don't know how to use it though, and there seems to be a lot of errors so I didn't touch anything. But I'll post the errors down if anyone is interested... it might help me in the future too...

Something about lines...

you can create new mysql user and database via your cpanel, you know. just open your cpanel and went straight to mysqlŽ database picture (that small dolphin one, yeah)

Hmm... I see it, thanks FouGilang, but I'm scared of doing anything incase I did something wrong.... :) Do you have a step by step instructions to tell me what to do?

its easy just try to take up your hosting provider to the court and ask him to get it corrected

and if not then try creating the dbs via xaamp

i think it wll be much easier with it!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't on my local webserver on my computer, phonexia, this is the actual real thing, a actual webserver online on the internet with cPanel... if this was an issue on my local webserver (I use MAMP, not Xampp), then I wouldn't have any problem with creating databases in the first place because I'd be the admin of the phpmyadmin instead on an normal regular user...

And of course, I can't just take him to court just for that... please, be serious when someone needs serious help... :(

I don't know how to use it though, and there seems to be a lot of errors so I didn't touch anything. But I'll post the errors down if anyone is interested... it might help me in the future too...

haha

so i guess it's not only my fantastico got error on installing some things :(

Hmm... I see it, thanks FouGilang, but I'm scared of doing anything incase I did something wrong.... sad.gif Do you have a step by step instructions to tell me what to do?

ok then, too bad that i don't have more space to install drupal on my system, but i think this is sufficient to help you (don't forget to remember that this is just an example, you may do different to your condition) :D

1. go to your site's cpanel and look for the database tab

post-90218-1257935845_thumb.jpg

2. see that button? that's what we're going to use

post-90218-1257936031_thumb.jpg

3. ok, we're in. put your database name to the blank area beside the create database. for example: drupal (just so we can remember what is that database thing for). click that "create database" button and congratulations, you made your database :D

post-90218-1257936171_thumb.jpg

4. we're back, and we've got the database with us. next, since the database doesn't have any users with it, we have to make it. just scroll down and you'll see the create and add user for the databases (i'll create it with username "drupal" and password "123456"). ok, create user :D

post-90218-1257936452_thumb.jpg

5. now, add the user you just create to the database.

you're done with the database and user! you can use them for the drupal installation when it asked you :)

Oh my god... thank you SO very much... :) I have no words to explain my thanks... :( I really don't know how to say thank you to you... but anyway, this is my site now if you want to take a look at it... :( YES!!!

OK, maybe I won't change hosting accounts now... :D I just feel to happy to go through all this again, but anyway, I guess I'll learn... Thank you so much for your guidance... :D Now, I'll have to work on the design. :( I just hope I don't have to do this all again. The good new is, my mother's friends heard that I was making a website and they are now offering me to help them (for free, of course) to make a website for them too. :( It'll tone my skills as a novice webmaster... but I am happy. I cannot say that my project is fully finished now though, I still need your help, but anyway, I consider this to be a major acheivement in my short teenage years of life...

WOO HOOOO!!!!! Let my celebrate!!! :D I'll worry about design later. :( Sorry, inverse_bloom. :( I'll have to sleep first as a celebration. More exams tomorrow. :( And I still haven't even started studying yet. Oh well, it can wait until the morning... :D Or the five minutes before I go in to do the test...

Thank you so much, FouGilang... :D Haha, my heart is soaring right now, I can nearly hug my mac laptop if I can. :( I guess I'm just high now though. I'll have to settle down quickly and think of more pressing matters... like my google apps email, for example. :D

congratulations on your site, and you have nice template too! (or is it default one? never see drupal's template lol). you just have to post things there, or search some plugins (if drupal does have plugins...). anyway, congratulations on your achievement! :)now you may take some rest in peace (er... don't take it the wrong way) and prepare to be confused again tomorrow on the different things (yeah, the human mind is an intricate thing, so make yourself in good emotions so you can do the positives) :(

Edited by FouGilang (see edit history)

Ah it is solved i guess. Anyway, you should use softaculous or fantastico to install drupal, joomla, and wordpress. These installers are fast and do the hardwork for you. You should only think of phpmyadmin if you don't have these installers and your cpanel is not supporting current version of drupal in softaculous or fantastico.I just checked your site "Charmaine Lo". Is that your real name ? Anyway, i'll learn more about you on your new blog. Start writing over there now.

congratulations on your site, and you have nice template too! (or is it default one? never see drupal's template lol). you just have to post things there, or search some plugins (if drupal does have plugins...). anyway, congratulations on your achievement! :(
now you may take some rest in peace (er... don't take it the wrong way) and prepare to be confused again tomorrow on the different things (yeah, the human mind is an intricate thing, so make yourself in good emotions so you can do the positives) :D

It's not the default one, but it is one of Drupal's templates. But I've still got a lot to do before I can fully start posting and all that... because this isn't meant to be a blogging place. Maybe a little on updates and things, but I still need to create a http://myDomain.com/blog page that has the same template as my current page, but reversed: so the background will be white and the header will be dark. I still don't know how to do that only to a blogging page yet, so I still have to do that... :)

And haha, yeah, I'm very interested in the human mind... :D

Ah it is solved i guess. Anyway, you should use softaculous or fantastico to install drupal, joomla, and wordpress. These installers are fast and do the hardwork for you. You should only think of phpmyadmin if you don't have these installers and your cpanel is not supporting current version of drupal in softaculous or fantastico.
I just checked your site "Charmaine Lo". Is that your real name ? Anyway, i'll learn more about you on your new blog. Start writing over there now.

Haha... there is a problem with my Fantastical, I believe. Lots of errors with lines and all that. And yes, that is my real name.... :( I'm thinking of writing there after I set up my blog properly... I might have a mini blog on the front page, and maybe that might a little about myself. I still don't know what I am going to do with the front page yet, but my public blog will be about philosophy and all that, so I don't think there will be time to do explain and introduce myself... :D

Anyway, I'll make an about page first. I need to recollect my thoughts and think of what I will blog about on my front page...