xisto Community
TheDisturbedOne

Which Is Better? PhpBB3 or SMF

Well I'm not quite sure. I have using phpbb 6 or months now, but it is a little hard to get used to it at the beginning, but then it is quite good. Sure there are things to improve but it's good for me. I have not tried smf so I have no idea on it. I guess its good.

I can say that if you need to choose from SMF (Simple Machines Forum) and phpBB, go with SMF and you'll have less problems using it. SMS is much more simple to use and easier to instal modifications for it rather than on phpbb, also SMF is better, because it has less bugs and is more secure.

Anyway, I suggest to convert from phpBB to SMF by using this tool: http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters

PhpBB3 or SMF (no others please)

what are your opinions?

PHPBB3 is the best in my opinion because it is having lot of MODs and great community support comparing to SMF.
SMF will be easy to operate simple forum. :)

phpBB:Pros: There's a lot of free skins that look good.Has a massive amount of mods and support.Easily customizable.Cons: Blinky stinks.Modifications require manual editing.The community is huge, therefore majority of the free skins are overused.I don't really use SMF so there's are based on my browsing experience while using SMF:Pros: There are actually some good free themes from dziner.Pros :Themes are alot better then in 1.x and there are alot of good looking themes.Mods are so simple to install thanks to the package manager. There is also a nice guide to manual install aswell.The community has great support and for me they always helped in under 2 hours.The admin cp is probably the easiest I have used on any forum software.Oh and the inital install of SMF 2.0 is simple as fudge.As said above SMF is more secure then phpbb