xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FouGilang

Use Your Sub-domain In Another Server

this is a result of my previous topics here > http://forums.xisto.com/topic/69028-can-we-use-2-server-with-1-domain/

took me some days, but after all done updating, it only take me another minute to create more :)

the sample i'm going to use is my current indonesian hosting and domain server, plasahosting, and a free hosting server (which will be used), byethost, which is work perfect for me. but i must to tell you that it is just a "trial and error" based on my experience, so i'm not really sure about what have i done to make it worked, so i'll just tell you all what i've done and hoped it will work for you too :(

i assume that you have your OWN domain name and have everything you need, like the privilege to change the domain dns or such, i don't know what it called.

ok, let the story begin

once in a time, i have audition.fouempire.net and would like to make global.audition.fouempire.net to be used in byethost (regarding to Nameless_ suggestion to try host it in a free webhost), so i went to byethost control panel, put my id and password, then logging in successfully.

now, since i want to make my global.audition.fouempire.net to be independently separated from my stupid-named byethost subdomain name, i choose to make an add-on domain. clicked on it and redirected to "Addon Domain Management". guess it's time to add my global.blahblahblah

post-90218-1257764687_thumb.png

Congratulations you have now added a new domain to your vPanel.

Due to a process known as 'DNS Propagation' it may take upto 76 hours before the domain name works globally.

Until DNS has fully propagated the sitebuilder may not work, also browsing to the domain may not work.

Please do not create a support ticket for a domain that has been added within the 76 hour period, 99% of domain issues will be resolved by waiting this period of time

Happy Hosting !

err... okay, i won't send ticket to you whatever that 'DNS Propagation' means anyway

now, let's try to open byethost via ftp to make sure it is there

post-90218-1257765261_thumb.png

ok, it is in the place. instead of letting it empty, how about i upload an index.html?

let's try to open..... wait, i think i forgot something

oh my, i forgot to change the name servers, let's go to my domain manager and change those ns to byethost's (and of course, mine's too so my original site won't be lost)

post-90218-1257764830_thumb.png

now let's try to open my new http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

post-90218-1257765967_thumb.png

note that U.S flag in the address bar?

since i don't have any theory regarding this, i hope some expert can give the theories :D

note: like byet mentioned, it could take days to take effect, if it doesn't work, just wait for tomorrow and pray :D

Haha, I'd thought it would work... but that was in theory though... but I'm glad I was able to help you. :) Yeah well, I didn't think it would be able to work at the time of writing this, but I guess I was so totally dead wrong in the end anyway... but anyway...Haha, you should put your website on the showcase when you are done with it. I'd like to see that you have been working on for so long... :D But anyway, I'm glad that I was able to help you again... it feels nice able to help people here on Xisto. :(