xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dak1ng

Copy Protected Mp3's & Mp4's

can someone tell me how I can remove the copy protection from an MP3/MP4 file downloaded off of iTunes? I downloaded them legally, but i can't transfer them to anything...but an ipod, which is annoying. Please help or give advice...

Ah, yes, DRM is annoying. Well, helping you break the law would be a crime, but google is your friend :)That's as far as I'll go.If you really own them and the restrictions are annoying(plus you're not going to spread it in your friend circle), then I wish you the best luck.

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

iTunes (or Apple) has converted all songs (or media) into iTunes+ media. That means if you have any files with DRM applied, all you have to do is pay the remaining fee to make your media iTunes+ media, and any new songs you purchase will not have DRM applied. "Upgrading" songs to iTunes+ is usually $0.30, though the price may vary. You may have seen those iTunes advertisements that say you can get songs as low as $0.30. The $0.30 is usually the "upgrade" i was talking about.Once the DRM has been removed, you can convert your songs to MP3 from iTunes.

This is the reason many people stay away from iTunes. There are many other websites on the net which offer legal downloads without DRM. But the problem is not all songs may be available in this format :) But I absolutely hate DRM because it doesn't allow us to do whatever we want with the product that we have paid for!. It's completely meaningless to be honest....

This is the reason many people stay away from iTunes. There are many other websites on the net which offer legal downloads without DRM. But the problem is not all songs may be available in this format :) But I absolutely hate DRM because it doesn't allow us to do whatever we want with the product that we have paid for!. It's completely meaningless to be honest....

I stick with iTunes because it's way more reliable than sites that offer free mp3 downloads.

If I'm not wrong, iTunes is a practical solution only in the US and maybe also the UK. The average $0.99 per track price isn't such a good idea for other countries. In my country, that translates to Rs.45/- for one song, which is copy-protected! Now how many people would like something like that...