xisto Community
Dak1ng

Will Apple Ever Get Into The Console Gaming Industry? Will apple go into the gaming market?

Will Apple ever get into the console gaming industry?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apple have indirectly said that the iPod touch/iPad is their attempt as a gaming console because of the "large" selection of applications available via their App Store.Only problem is; both pieces of hardware have no capability to handle applications that are remotely good or worthwhile unless the hardware has been jailbroken, and even then, seems to slow my iPod down for some reason.Hopefully they will attempt to make a nice gaming console (within a reasonable price) that will try and compete in this quick changing electronics market, but currently, Microsoft and Sony are currently dominating the market and will continue to do so if they keep producing such quality products and their developers keep producing fantastic games also. :rolleyes:

I hope they won't start creating game consoles such as XBoc or PlayStation 3 as it's quite enough, there are Nintendo also, but anyway Apple could just continue developing iPads which would great for small, simple and not simple games, which would be enjoyable, it's quite a big market, as people might move there to play simple games, just look how people are mad about simple, but nice looking games online :)But I wish apple wouldn't create a gaming console :D

I think if Apple went into handhelds they would do fine.Nintendo has the Wii/Wii2Sony has the PlaystationsMicrosoft has the Xbox'sApple has the handheldsI think that would be a fair way to go. It appears Apple clearly has superior finances and everything when compared to Nintendo and Sony (referring to the DS and PSP, respectively), so I think they could really push the gaming limits. Driving games where you tilt the handheld like a steering wheel? Speak to your characters and have them move with your voice? I think it would be awesome.