xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dak1ng

How Many People Are Going To Get The Droid?!

DROID  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

personally i'm satisfied with my phone :]i saw the commercial for droid , but was like What in the world IS THAT.i realized it had something to do with communication when at the end it mentioned verizion wireless .but google? honestly phones these days coming out with "google" interrogated doesn't really make a difference. each phone has internet nowadays (sort of.) and each phone with internet should have complete access to google.complus the commercial really threw me off. i thought for a second that they were makin a second district 9 movie or another 2012 movie .it's also not nice how they had cowboys. cowboys these days are high tech in there own ways :[ , kinda like those caveman commercials with geico.nevertheless i suppose the design of the phone looks something robotic or "droid"ish , i don't know what it looks like because the COMMERCIAL didn't show what it look like. just things falling down to earth :) .that's another issue i see, commercials that don't advertise they're point/product.

I want one so badly it isn't even funny. Knowing someone who has one, I've used it and I can say that it's amazing :) It just works. Simple and easy to use, slim, good looking, fast interface, etc.I'd love to get one, but I doubt I will, as 1) don't have the money and 2) my contract still has another year.

I won't get it... I see a phone as being a utility to talk. This whole "let's text and share videos" thing is why people are getting in more wrecks now. It's why people are disrupting classes due to their phone going off, texting during class, etc.I think cell phones and their "progression" or "evolution" has been hurting us more than helping us.

Looks like a very snazzy phone, hopefully when it is released in Australia, I can swap my phone over for i. 1 thing I dont like is the fact it is made by Motorola, I have had very bad experiences with them in the past, quickly flattened batteries, overheating etc. Hopefully, this will be different.

The Droid phone was just released a few days ago, and it was pretty popular. So the question is: are YOU getting one?

It is really expensive so it is a maybe. I really don't have the money for it though, but the Droid looks REALLY cool but probably something better will come along soon, like always.

I'm not sure if everyone here fully understands what "with google" means. The Droid runs off of a linux based operating system called Android. Android was developed by google. It's probably the best mobile operating system there is, that's why it's a big deal. Not that it has google "integrated" into its applications.

Actually, I wouldn't say that the Droid has really been aimed as, what you said, "let's text and share videos" kind of phone. I bought it about 5 months ago, and I have to say, it's a very useful phone. I rarely ever text and have never shared videos. What I DO have is an unlimited data plan for only 20 bucks a month, and that has proven very useful. I can browse the web, check my email, use it as a GPS, ect. Some of the applications are very useful, including "A2B", which helps you locate your parked car, and the "Paypal" app, which helps you manage your paypal account on the go. I can't say that teens aren't using their phones to text and chat, but the Droid is not much of a social networking phone. 

I won't get it... I see a phone as being a utility to talk. This whole "let's text and share videos" thing is why people are getting in more wrecks now. It's why people are disrupting classes due to their phone going off, texting during class, etc.
I think cell phones and their "progression" or "evolution" has been hurting us more than helping us.

I don't think I will be getting the Droid phone, considering that I have been wanting to get the Apple iPhone ever since it came out in 2007. In some ways, I feel the Droid phone is more for those in the open source or developer community who want a flexible mobile development framework to work on the create new applications and such, while the Apple iPhone is more centered towards the general consumer public with its vast library of applications and games tailored for the iPhone available in the App Store.