xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

How We Can Know The Server_referer In Php.

Dear friends I know the basic command for finding the referer to any site. I am using that command successfully and you can see the result in the following url:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

In this page you can clearly see the details of IP address and the referrer URL but with some visitors I am not able to get the referrer like visitor from Japan etc. I don't know why please if you people know the reason then is there any solution for the same if so what is it.
Thanks in advance.

Perhaps there is no referrer.... If i had a page https://www.salesforce.com/products/platform/overview/ that found the referrer of the person visiting the page, and i just typed in the address in my browser i would have no referrer, as i didnt click a link to get there, i just typed it in. I came from "nowhere". But if i were to search google and then clicked the link my referrer would show as google.The same way that if you get a "hotlink not allowed!" message while clicking on a google image just copy the URL to the image and paste it into your browser, then you have no referrer so it lets you see the image :)It could also be that they have blocked the referrer part of the HTTP headers, you can do this with a proxy, probably a certain firewall config and with browser addons.Why is it such a big deal?