xisto Community
Okara KAmi

Registered Doman Before I Got Hosting Now I need to tie them together... how?

Okay so I went ahead and bought a domain name (with $9.99 a year) and paid for it with myCents.Then I saved up enough to get a hosting plan, but it's asking me to input a domain name. When I put in my existing, and purchased, domain name, it tells me that it's already in use. How do I get my hosting service package to go to my pre-bought domain, when I order it? ps. I haven't ordered the hosting yet.

When you order your hosting, choose the package you want. On the next screen, choose the third option:

I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.

Enter your domain there and it should work fine.

If not, you will need to send a ticket to support to ask what is going on with your domain.

Yes... like rvalkass said, there should be no problem in linking the domain name with your hosting plan... make sure that the two servers are pointed to Xisto - Web Hosting and Xisto - Web Hosting though (I think it is 1 and 2, though I'm not sure. Anyway, it's the default servers, so you just have to not change them. If you have, contact support and they will change it back for you).I'm not sure if this is the problem (assuming that you did what rvalkass told you to do), but if you ticked the option of letting Xisto - Web Hosting park your domain for free, then it might be a problem because your domain will now then be already in use. Contact support if this is the case and they should help you out. Basically, the general rule is this... if something is wrong, contact support. :)

Yep, that's exactly what I did. Realizing that I had already a domain in my name, I chose the third option and entered the domain name, which is a .com alone (I bought from xisto a few days ago.) But it tells me that the domain is already registered. to be specific:

[ # The domain you entered is already registered with us - you will need to cancel it prior to placing a new order # ]

If I cancel my domain, don't I lose the money that I paid to buy it?

Yep, that's exactly what I did. Realizing that I had already a domain in my name, I chose the third option and entered the domain name, which is a .com alone (I bought from xisto a few days ago.) But it tells me that the domain is already registered. to be specific:

[ # The domain you entered is already registered with us - you will need to cancel it prior to placing a new order # ]

If I cancel my domain, don't I lose the money that I paid to buy it?

No, you get a refund for it... the support will help you. I have been in a similar king of situation before, and they cancelled both my order and my invoice so I got my money back. However though, the due date of your domain name will not be on the day that you successfully register your domain, but on the first that that you registered your domain, regardless of whether it is successful or not.

For example, I falsely bought a domain with some problems in my information of my country because I was on holiday at that time and I went overseas, so the IP address of my computer wouldn't be the same as the one I have at home at the time of buying. Five days later, after I sorted out my refund and cancellation of my account, changed all my details correctly, and then re-ordered my domain name, even though it is the second time that it is successful, the domain name will expire five days before, when I originally tried to buy the domain name. :) But that's not a problem though, because it's only five days...

Just thought that you should know about this. Oh yeah, and there will then be two domain names in your domains tab in your clients area. I don't know why though, but they will be the same.