xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alphacide

Canada Getting Free Nationwide Wifi Lucky bastards

There's some blogs that say they are trying to integrate more wifi access hot spots in Canada not like the title suggest that maybe "all of Canada is getting wifi". Then there are some blogs that say they're upgrading the towers to either GSM or 3G connections. I believe in the upgrading of the towers to a better radio source and that canada is trying to get more wifi access points but about all of Canada being wifi free. i don't think so.

That's good news. I read one blog written by canadian blogger. His name is david peralty. He earlier said that in canada broadband prices are increased. If wifi is free on some hotspots in canada then it'll benefit many bloggers/gamers if not all. Really good news,let's hope good usage and more productivity from canadian surfers.

I'm from Canada and still waiting for broadband availability. I'm an unlucky bastard. By the way, I heard on the news about some laws letting canadian ISPs throttle connection speeds legally. I don't know much about it, it really doesn't concern me considering any throttled rate is about 999999 times faster than my download speed anyway.

Complete free thing kills economy if not controlled properly. People have no value for stuff if free things starts to replace valuable stuff. I mean people will less care who did it free for me. I have seen this with people around me, they don't care who made it etc. Same is case with bandwidth. There should be restriction with bandwidth to sustain economy. I mean give 2gb free then charge 5$ per month or so for next 5GB etc. Completely free bandwidth is equal to unlimited plan and people will simply don't care for service provider and it's issues and management hurdles. So cheaper unlimited plans could be a good option. Else people will jack up for P2P and will simply start killing economy from many ends. I hope service providers are paying attention to such issues.

Here in macedonia we have free WIFI somewhere.If we go in our city park (or how to say it) we get internet,or in some popular place we get free internet...I don't know the current speed and the usability of this wifi connection but i know that there is message board where is written free wifi.I didn't saw it but i watched on TV.BTW It is only for the capital city,Skopje or you will found it like Skoplje

Edited by TheDarkHacker (see edit history)

Free Internet :):P Finland too is gonna have free broad band internet from next year ( 2010 ) by may . The speed is 1Mbps and i dont know whether it is gonna be wi fi or not . Still FinLand is gonna RoCk. Just imagine na , a country where you have free internet. Wow . . . i wish i too have one like that . :P