xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Saw Vi

It's that time again folks, the ding of the saw theme has been in my head for days on end, the nights are drawing in, Halloween is only a week or so away, so its time to play a game...Details of Saw 6 have been sketchy so far, a few details about the carousel trap have emerged as well as a few hints of plot details and some theories have been discredited. I will of course review the film in good time, once ive seen it :P but until then lets speculate wildly on the plot and the traps...My ideas: Firstly we need to know what Jigsaw sent his ex wife, jill. I expect she has something to do with the confines of the game (stopping hoffman going mental or giving up etc...) but she will not take part in any of the games, or setting up the games herself, though she may be involved in a grand plot as often happens with "minor" characters becoming godlike in a matter of seconds with a huge revealing flashback. So i do actually think she holds all the cards, each and every one. If hoffman goes mad its her job to either test him or finish him. Hoffman also isnt the main man. He cant be. He is working for someone, but i have no idea who. It could indeed by Jigsaw having written or recorded instructions for his games to continue, or it could be some unseen force who was working with jigsaw or perhaps was jigsaws master. Its a biggie but not unlike the general theme of the previous films where characters reveal themselves to be part of something much, much bigger than what we see through the use of amazing flashbacks.Also the "His disease is spreading" animated poster (loads of people views from above on a white floor walk around and form a dotted version of jigsaw's face) and the poster of a pair of hands which are actually gloves from the wrist down suggest that someone else is acting for jigsaw, and the disease spreading message suggests to me that a new character will come into a major role of psychotic murder trying to follow jigsaws steps. Perhaps vigilante style or something. Im not sure, but it definitely suggests to me that either a brand new character tries to become jigsaw or a previously small character, perhaps a victim, rises to try and become jigsaw. Interesting. A lot of the internet is buzzing with the theory that jigsaw's body returns. It's an interesting one... If amanda was alive or Jill was in on the games then i would suggest that one of them had to destroy, or mutilate his body to pass a test, they, who idolize him, wouldnt want to do this, so its sort of a test of loyalty as well as common sense (i mean, its a dead body, the genius that is Jigsaw is dead, that's just an empty shell) but i cant think what else is body will be used for... Though it does make sense as it seems the guy who did the autopsy makes a come back in this film.Now, traps.... We've seen the carousel trap in the trailer, and glimpses of the steam room trap and the gas mask trap. I imagine the steam room has something to do with a time limit and needing to pass painful tests. The time limit is imposed by the fact the victim just sweats or cooks to death after a certain time and the painful things are presumably slicey slicey or burney burney but passing them is the only way out. The gas mask trap... They presumably have to work together for this one, but i dont see how. Perhaps the gas mask is purely an execution device that fills them with nasties if they dont escape in time. The trailer shows the prospective hero holding on to two chains arms outstretched trying to muster great strength to hold on to them. Perhaps if he lets go the gas fills them, or perhaps he has to choose which one dies by letting go of one chain before they both slip and both victims die. The clue "His game comes full circle" also suggests a character from the first film is quite important... I cant remember enough about SAW to speculate who or how but perhaps someone else can.all in all i cant wait for it to come out, my mates arent keen on seeing it so i might even have to go alone! Not that it scares me, in fact it makes me laugh, it's just that only sados go to the movies alone, haha!Theories?

Another SAW?? How many sequels are they going to make? The first Saw I saw (funny ain't it) was the third one I believe. It was the one where the guy has cancer and he kidnaps the police's son or something. I thought it was actually pretty good, but a lot of my friends didn't' really like it at all. I tend to believe that movies kind of get annoying when the creators keep making sequel after sequel to it. Unless the premises is totally different, which in that case why not just name it differently? I suppose maybe they are trying to cash in with fans of the previous series, but at the same time this withers away those who aren't fond of it at the same time.

Ah if you havent seen all the previous SAWs then you wont understand the pull. Basically each saw film has huge chunks of time missing, usually before the traps begin and other storylines that are playing out at the same time as the traps but in the outside world that arent filmed or shown. Then in the next SAW film that comes out those missing pieces are added in as flashbacks. So for example saw 5 actually takes place at the exact same time as saw 4 (correct me if im wrong, it could be 3 and 4) but watching the first of the two you would never know it. That's what makes the films so different and interesting each time. So much detail is missed out deliberately to give the next film more interest. Even in SAW 6 there will almost certainly be flashbacks to the time of SAW1 that we have never seen before that will explain how things happened. It truly is an amazing concept of time being liquid. It doesnt go in order of the saw films, the timeline is screwed up, torn and twisted to make it more interesting. I have heard rumors there may be 9 SAW films, it seems almost certain there will be a 7th which hasnt begun filming yet and i think they base it on the reaction of the world after the previous one comes out. So if saw 6 is a flop then saw 7 might be scrapped or be the last, but if it is received well then saw 7 and perhaps 8 will be set in stone. going to see it this weekend, saturday i think :):P :P