xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Any Easy Manuals For Recovering Data From My HDD? Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

Any Easy Manuals For Recovering Data From My HDD?Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

I  have 160gb seagate hard disk.2 days ago my hard disk stopped working due to burning of  chip(logic board) & L-shaped device.How can I get the data  from that hard disk. Please Help!!

Question - Naagi

yea sure you can use acronics or some other software and you can get it done just by booting through the bootable discand then burn it to a disc and enjoy formatting your comp :P

Not if some of the circuitry is burned out.... The software wont be able to use the device. If the circuits are damaged you really need a hardware solution and the only things i can think of are: Replacing the damaged circuitry (you'd need to be a *very* good electrical engineer and have very precise tools for that) or remove the platters (which store the data) and place them in another drive. But for that you need a clean room, and such. ITs not a home fix thing, you'd have to send it off.You will probably have to pay a data recovery company to do the job for you. Google "data recovery firm" and then your local city and see what you find. It wont be cheap though.