xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Free Dreamweaver CS4 Alternative Compatible With Vista Best Free Website Builder

Free Dreamweaver CS4 Alternative Compatible With VistaBest Free Website Builder

I used to run Macromedia Dreamweaver on my XP PC ok, but I find it?s not compatible with my vista PC - keeps crashing.  What?s a good (free) alternative to Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 for my vista PC? 

-question by Norbert

There sadly is no free alternative to Adobe's editing software. There are some excellent free programs, but they don't really compare... Here's what I would use:Hope that helps!

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

From what i can remember, a popular alternative to Dreamweaver was NVU. It's been a long time since i've checked it out, so i don't know what it "lacks" compared to Dreamweaver, but if you're a WYSIWYG kind of a person, the NVU should help meet your needs.

Paint.Net, It is basically like PhotoShop, Same features etc made simpler and made for Vista Really. I used to find in Vista it was great and runs very smooth without using a lot of resources unlike PhotoShop.

Free Dreamweaver CS4 Alternative Compatible With Vista

Best Free Website Builder

I used to run Macromedia Dreamweaver on my XP PC ok, but I find it's not compatible with my vista PC - keeps crashing. What's a good (free) alternative to Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 for my vista PC?

-question by Norbert

there is a continuation of NVU called KompoZer

there is also a WYSIWYG type, Called WYSIWYG Web Builder (30 day trial) at http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

There sadly is no free alternative to Adobe's editing software. There are some excellent free programs, but they don't really compare... Here's what I would use:

Paint.NET (My Personal Favorite!)

Gimp

Hope that helps!

He's looking for an alternative to adobe dreamweaver cs4 not adobe photoshop cs4

there is a continuation of NVU called KompoZer

there is also a WYSIWYG type, Called WYSIWYG Web Builder (30 day trial) at http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

I'll verify that KompoZer is good: you can get info on it here and you can download it over here

You'll also want to check out the following editors:

Amaya: get more info on it here download link is here

Ace HTML: download and get info here This one actually looks REALLY good

Trellian: Read up on it here download link is over here

Good luck choosing whichever one you decide to use my suggestion would be to download them all and then just make a simple webpage in each to find out which one works for you. IMO Ace HTML and KompoZer are gonna be your best bet if you want to get as close to dreamweaver in the capabilities dpeartment.

yea, i have always recomended nvu back in the day. it was open source. now it's compozer where nvu left off with alot of features added.overall, a pretty darn good free program. you might have some problems with unnesesary code though but it does it's job.