xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Does Bob Marley Owe Much Of His Success To Bassist Aston Barrett?

Since Bob Marley is one of the top selling artists in the world, I'll assume someone out there knows his music. His bassist was a little ticked off about receiving little credit and money for a lot of the hit songs Bob became famous, and rich for. Do you think Mr Barrett is right in claiming that he had a large part in the success of Bob Marley? I think he's indeed right, the bass riffs in Bob's songs are definitely recognizable. I think this had a big part in the success of the songs.

Since Bob Marley is one of the top selling artists in the world, I'll assume someone out there knows his music. His bassist was a little ticked off about receiving little credit and money for a lot of the hit songs Bob became famous, and rich for. Do you think Mr Barrett is right in claiming that he had a large part in the success of Bob Marley? I think he's indeed right, the bass riffs in Bob's songs are definitely recognizable. I think this had a big part in the success of the songs.

Well Rob as a fan of the Late Bob Marley I do have to say not only did Aston Barrett, but the whole band did. not just one Rastaman like Bob but the whole should have a share in all the royalties .

http://www.globalrhythm.net/?CFID=4cb4a3cf-07c3-4a1d-8d18-237d210aa3dd&CFTOKEN=0

I'm pretty sure Bob Marley would be the first to agree on that point.

The bass line isn't the song par se or even part of it's core. A song is words and melody. For example,when people cover a songit's often with a completely new bass line anyway.If this bass player got credit, then why not give co-writer creditto every musician who ever played on every song ever recorded? The hardest part of writing a song is coming up with the words and melody.