xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phpphp

Microsoft's Windows Phones

Microsoft announced that after months of talking about window mobile 6.5, Window mobile phone is ready to hit the Market:). Now people will be able to take their windows around the world in their pockets.?Interesting thing is Windows phone has more software than iPhone including improved Flash player and internet browser. another important feature is "Find my Phone" that cost $5 per service but it cost when you need the service unlike apple iphone finding service that cost 99$ per year. The service can be used to locate a missing phone, make it ring (even if it is set to vibrate) or even remotely lock or wipe the device. Microsoft is facing many challenge to get market share

Edited by phpphp (see edit history)

They have internet explorer in it. So hands down. Besides symbian and java enabled phones have better software than windows based phones. No doubt, they want to compete with iphone and other symbian, linux phones. But let's get to basic, microsoft as mobile platform is hands down. Besides, phone tracking service is cheap cause they've their own facilities unlike apple. Microsoft own global data as they are into geoinformatics as well. They have maps and other softwares so it's quite cheap for them to locate phones. Let's see if they manage to attract more customers to their service. I don't think that phone has potential to beat iphone.

Microsoft announced that after months of talking about window mobile 6.5, Window mobile phone is ready to hit the mobile. Now people will be able to take their windows around the world in their pockets.
Interesting thing is Windows phone has more software than iPhone including improved Flash player and internet browser. another important feature is "Find my Phone" that cost $5 per service but it cost when you need the service unlike apple iphone finding service that cost 99$ per year. The service can be used to locate a missing phone, make it ring (even if it is set to vibrate) or even remotely lock or wipe the device. Microsoft is facing many challenge to get market share

Yes phpphp, I have also heard about this. I am desperate to see it hitting the market. As mentioned by you, I think the best feature of this is "Find my Phone", although it cost $5 but its okay. Until and unless your phone is not missing, you can't understand the importance of this feature. This feature is really helpful. It can really save anyone from running in trouble! Don't you think so?
Another feature I think is the internet browser that in my opinion is of really importance.... at least for me. I usually surf net on my mobile so, if it has got a good browser I will switch it.

In fairness the iPhone really isnt that great. Its the advertising that makes it great, yeh im sure it can make the moon turn pink and you can email 51 people at the same time as watching a video and asking a donkey (using the dokey-sp33k app, of course) directions to the nearest pizza place. But up until a couple of months ago you couldnt even copy/paste on the thing... I mean seriously my <?100 Nokia handset can copy and paste, catch up apple. Factor in the EXTREMELY overpriced contracts and price tags, very poor 3g coverage (and actually only recent support for it) and the general bulkiness of the thing. Oh and then the exploding batteries that cause injury, and the fact that Apple places gagging orders on those who experience the exploding phone so they cant tell anyone and spread the word...Its not a pretty picture. Oh and then theres the moisture sensors inside that seem to trip at the slightest hint of moisture like a sweaty pocket, a humid day etc... and void your warranty...Bet old Steve Jobs loves you little fanboys!!!Microsoft phones will be no better at all. You're better sticking to linux based systems that are reliable, light, effective and very useful, not to mention established and tried and tested.