xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
user681

Question About Trap 17: single-click installers?

Both Fantastico and Softaculous single click installers are available in your Xisto account Cpanel.Softaculous usually has the more recent versions of the packages. I would recommend that you use Softaculous for that reason.

Both Fantastico and Softaculous single click installers are available in your Xisto account Cpanel.Softaculous usually has the more recent versions of the packages. I would recommend that you use Softaculous for that reason.

O.o, never heard of this "Softaculous." I'll check it out later. I've used Fantastico for a few things but I've noticed as well as you that they are out of date. I've just been doing my own installations of things.

Fantastico was there since 2006 as far i know. But Softaculous was added recently. I think after may 2009. Before that there was no softaculous. Softaculous was added because of regular auto-update feature. Which fantastico lacks. and it's issue of security because of people installing old scripts. So softaculous is on most of the cpanel along with fantastico. There are many clones of fantastico (just like softaculous). 1-click installer which is on dreamhost and awebhosting and many other host, is stripped version of fantastico. Not better than fantastico as it confuses more than fanstastico. I tried 1-click installer on dreamhost, it was confusing for me. I'll stick with fantastico and softaculous.

Fantastico was there since 2006 as far i know. But Softaculous was added recently. I think after may 2009. Before that there was no softaculous.

That helps to explain why I never saw it before. The last time I really went in-depth in one of my Cpanels was back around April or so.