xisto Community
donneo

Google Chrome Os ?

Google Chrome is not supported by me because they caused alot of problems. I would rather just type google.com . Is it so hard? Google Chrome doesn't let me watch Youtube videos so meh....

<br />There is no difference between these two as people are just confusing with it. There is no difference between the google os and google chrome os. You can even ask about this on some of the google help forums on google groups. You can even ask this question to the chromium developers group on google groups. You'll get the same answer that they're same.

I believe you i don't need to ask on Google help forums.I didn't know what the diference is,but thanks for your answer.That says that Google Chrome OS is very bad,because gOS desktop i saw wasn't that much good.So this reply make few sad faces to me :P Hope they will change the design , but as i saw in the magazine , this OS will be good.OK , what they will do is theirs work we can comment how much we want for this OS and that will be indexed in their searching engine :P

I can't wait until the OS is released! Does anyone know an official release date. I'm definitely going to try it.

Google Chrome OS is an open source, lightweight operating system that will initially be targeted at netbooks. Later this year we will open-source its code, and netbooks running Google Chrome OS will be available for consumers in the second half of 2010. Because we're already talking to partners about the project, and we'll soon be working with the open source community, we wanted to share our vision now so everyone understands what we are trying to achieve.

Speed, simplicity and security are the key aspects of Google Chrome OS. We're designing the OS to be fast and lightweight, to start up and get you onto the web in a few seconds. The user interface is minimal to stay out of your way, and most of the user experience takes place on the web. And as we did for the Google Chrome browser, we are going back to the basics and completely redesigning the underlying security architecture of the OS so that users don't have to deal with viruses, malware and security updates. It should just work.

I have little to no doubt that Chrome OS will be faster than Windows. However, I'm still skeptical on cloud computing. I'll probably wait awhile before I install this on my machine. Also, since Chrome OS will be implementing the idea of cloud computer, I am assuming that it will be geared towards laptops/netbooks as compared to desktops, although desktops could also be included.

I have little to no doubt that Chrome OS will be faster than Windows. However, I'm still skeptical on cloud computing. I'll probably wait awhile before I install this on my machine. Also, since Chrome OS will be implementing the idea of cloud computer, I am assuming that it will be geared towards laptops/netbooks as compared to desktops, although desktops could also be included.

Yes. sony already shipped few sets of netbooks with google chrome installed in it. only concern that people have about such cloud OS is that they want to do offline work and not want to tie themselves to any service for snopping their files and activity. Google is known for such activity so even if they offer faster they are lacking privacy and assurance to users.

I don't think google chrome os is faster than linux. i think linux is most real time os you can find. as you see for developer boards based on arm cortex a8 processor they prefer using a linux distibution (named angstrom) because linux is more real time meaning that sending a hardware interrupt to the computer for doing something (like ringing the alarms) will take a little time compared to non real time oss so i think chrome will never take place of linux because their goals are different but for windows i agree with mahesh2k. the lack of privacy in such os is the main problem.

I don't think google chrome os is faster than linux. i think linux is most real time os you can find. as you see for developer boards based on arm cortex a8 processor they prefer using a linux distibution (named angstrom) because linux is more real time meaning that sending a hardware interrupt to the computer for doing something (like ringing the alarms) will take a little time compared to non real time oss so i think chrome will never take place of linux because their goals are different but for windows i agree with mahesh2k. the lack of privacy in such os is the main problem.

Google chrome OS uses linux so it's not another distribution but more of fork of linux. So chrome is linux based to begin with. I don't know how it differs from linux if the kernel is linux. Google OS is going to be risky because of privacy issues and the way they monitor their users for activity and ads. Who knows they might even embed spyware in their OS be it desktop OS or mobile OS. They are more risky than microsoft.