xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

What Would You Do If You Became The World's Richest Person?

Everyone struggles in life for something or the other. For most of the people on this planet, that something is money. Whether they earn money to live or live to earn money is another matter, but the fact is that they struggle/work hard to earn money throughout their lives. Exceptions to this of course include philosophers, saints, etc, but let's not delve into that topic now.

Since money is all that important for most of us, it somehow gives us a purpose for living, right? We work hard to earn money so that we can get whatever we like and live happily. At least that's what most people do. Then there are those people who already have a lot of money, and practically speaking, they have no need to slave for the rest of their lives in order to earn money. But they still do! They're never satisfied and are forever on a mission to earn more moolah. Often people like me day-dream and get thoughts like this:

"If only I had the wealth of Mr.X. I would be satisfied and live a happy life forever!"

That's a good dream but it ain't gonna happen any soon :P Anyway, would you be satisfied if you got a huge amount of wealth, or rather, if you became the richest person in the world, would you be satisfied? What would you do with all your wealth? Would you too think of increasing it or would you be happy with what you get and enjoy a peaceful life???

yay..!! I am the first one to reply i think? i dont think if someone is writing when i was writing this? :)anyway.. HI :P everyone of us wants to become rich.. who doesn't want to become rich? aha maybe those guys who was contentedbut me? i am not contented honestly and i know most people and member here aren't contented because everyone's dream is to become richthat's why they are using the net to find money.me? if i would become the world's richest person.. first i will support many charities and campaigns for our environment and cleanlinessthe second thing is to have a nice and better family. the third thing is to buy all the things i want when i am poor..the fourth thing is to put my money on different banks. so that if the one was close i have many choices..and the fifth thing was to share my blessings to my relatives and people who needs it and to give a scholarship programs to those childrenwho wants to study even if they are not mentally good..atleast they have the desire to study and become rich also :P how about you guys?

Yeah, it's pretty true (and sad too), that money makes the world go round and that people still live their lives trying to get rich. I mean, what's the point? Let's say that you have all the money in the world. Then seriously, there is really no point in earning any more money because well, number one, you've got lots of money already, in fact, you've got ALL the money in the whole wide entire world so the point is you can't even get one more cent from anyone in the world because you've already have the last cent that anyone could possibly have. So, what's the point, I say?I don't know, I personally think that people get satisfied when numbers go up. Technically, when numbers go up because of them, and even more technically, when number that can be used to give them pleasure and comfort and enables their survival goes up because of them.So even if you have all the money that you could possibly ever need to use in your whole entire life (a man can only have a certain and limited amount of palaces, pools, and Plasmas TVs), you would still want to earn more, and hey... your children won't need to earn as much too, nor does your grand children, or your great grand children, and so on and so on.But of course, this is a totally different matter if you don't have children in the first place. Then why earn so much? If you are intending to give all your money to charity like the Salvation Army and the Red Cross, then I congratulate you and I would say that you are a very kind and generous person. But please, be realistic. As far as I am concerned, all the rich people in this world like Bill Gates and stuff (this thread was created because of the Bill Gates thread in the other forum, right?) aren't earning money for charity. They are just earning money for themselves.For goodness sake, even if you are earning a lot of money for your children (I don't know whether Bill Gates has any children or not), seriously, if they have never experienced what it is like to be poor, then they will just lavishly spend all their money on random things like games and stuff and use up a lot of your money in not time.So I really think that all the money should go to charity...But if I was the richest person in the whole wide world, then I would give fifty percent of the money (profits) to my parents, because they have lived a hard life bringing me up and all that, and I have absolutely no way to fully say thank you to them and compensate (in money terms) or make up for all that they have done for me, give around 30% of my profits to charity (I'll spread it out to many different charity organizations like Salvation Army and Oxfam, spreading them out according to the needs of children), use 10% of the money to create my own charity organization (the 30% and the 10% used for charity is interchangable), and just use the remaining ten percent on myself and my family, and I believe that that would also teach my children (if I will ever have any) to be generous and be kind and thoughtful for all the third world country children out there that are only living on less than $1 per day.This is what I would do... :PBut seriously, in reality, I think that the only people that ever get rich are the greediest people that don't exactly want the give their money to charity. But really, if I get rich, this is what I will do, considering that the ten percent is enough to support my life, of course (this is most certainly the case in Bill Gate's life though... :P :P :))

Yeah, it's pretty true (and sad too), that money makes the world go round and that people still live their lives trying to get rich. I mean, what's the point? Let's say that you have all the money in the world. Then seriously, there is really no point in earning any more money because well, number one, you've got lots of money already, in fact, you've got ALL the money in the whole wide entire world so the point is you can't even get one more cent from anyone in the world because you've already have the last cent that anyone could possibly have. So, what's the point, I say?
I don't know, I personally think that people get satisfied when numbers go up. Technically, when numbers go up because of them, and even more technically, when number that can be used to give them pleasure and comfort and enables their survival goes up because of them.

So even if you have all the money that you could possibly ever need to use in your whole entire life (a man can only have a certain and limited amount of palaces, pools, and Plasmas TVs), you would still want to earn more, and hey... your children won't need to earn as much too, nor does your grand children, or your great grand children, and so on and so on.

But of course, this is a totally different matter if you don't have children in the first place. Then why earn so much? If you are intending to give all your money to charity like the Salvation Army and the Red Cross, then I congratulate you and I would say that you are a very kind and generous person. But please, be realistic. As far as I am concerned, all the rich people in this world like Bill Gates and stuff (this thread was created because of the Bill Gates thread in the other forum, right?) aren't earning money for charity. They are just earning money for themselves.

For goodness sake, even if you are earning a lot of money for your children (I don't know whether Bill Gates has any children or not), seriously, if they have never experienced what it is like to be poor, then they will just lavishly spend all their money on random things like games and stuff and use up a lot of your money in not time.

So I really think that all the money should go to charity...

But if I was the richest person in the whole wide world, then I would give fifty percent of the money (profits) to my parents, because they have lived a hard life bringing me up and all that, and I have absolutely no way to fully say thank you to them and compensate (in money terms) or make up for all that they have done for me, give around 30% of my profits to charity (I'll spread it out to many different charity organizations like Salvation Army and Oxfam, spreading them out according to the needs of children), use 10% of the money to create my own charity organization (the 30% and the 10% used for charity is interchangable), and just use the remaining ten percent on myself and my family, and I believe that that would also teach my children (if I will ever have any) to be generous and be kind and thoughtful for all the third world country children out there that are only living on less than $1 per day.

This is what I would do... :P

But seriously, in reality, I think that the only people that ever get rich are the greediest people that don't exactly want the give their money to charity. But really, if I get rich, this is what I will do, considering that the ten percent is enough to support my life, of course (this is most certainly the case in Bill Gate's life though... :P:):P )

sorry for the author if this was an off topic post because i am just curious how nameless do post really big content ? wow
you say so many words that i can't do.. aha what was your technique? i also notice about how you post.
i always notice that it's rich and long? that's why you earn so much mycent... :)

anyway back to the topic.. yeah money money money... it seems that money is the one who controlled us. but most people
don't know that money was so sinful. we don't have a world war now.. but we have a war... the money war...
people go crazy and do everything just to become a rich person. they can also kill their neighbors.. or even their
family/relatives for the sake of money.. but we can't deny it.. money matters... money is so important..
without money we can't live and eat.. we are all victims of money

sorry for the author if this was an off topic post because i am just curious how nameless do post really big content ? wow

you say so many words that i can't do.. aha what was your technique? i also notice about how you post.

i always notice that it's rich and long? that's why you earn so much mycent... :P

anyway back to the topic.. yeah money money money... it seems that money is the one who controlled us. but most people

don't know that money was so sinful. we don't have a world war now.. but we have a war... the money war...

people go crazy and do everything just to become a rich person. they can also kill their neighbors.. or even their

family/relatives for the sake of money.. but we can't deny it.. money matters... money is so important..

without money we can't live and eat.. we are all victims of money

For akira550:

Off Topic (I promise I'll go back on topic later)...

Well, I don't really know, my fingers just run on the keyboard, like, they skitter across and sometimes I feel like I have no control on what they are typing, which is mostly why my posts are long and big, and yes, that is the main reason why I earn so many myCENTS. Two long posts give you at least 100 myCENTS (which will then convert into one USD) and so there was a period where I made only two posts a day and earned enough to keep up with hosting, if I used Xisto's hosting package, in which I don't.

And rich and long? I sometimes tend to think that I ramble too much, but yeah, it's just my personality, I suppose. I have created my "voice" on the internet and on the Xisto forums, and so even if I used a different name, I believe that people will still recognise that it is me behind the screen that is typing all this out, and plus, the number of questions that I generate is just... well, annoying?

I personally really think so, but most Xisto members are too nice to say that to me, or maybe they genuinely like to help someone like me set their website up. :P Which is very great of them and I really appreciate their help. My technique? I really don't have one, I'm just being myself. Even in my past experiences with other forums I can become the most post generating person in a short period of time, even when I'm new, and I gain reputation for being very active quickly, though that is now not the case on the other forums, because I now spend all my time on Xisto posting for learning how to create my own blog and forum (that'll come later) now. And I don't spend as much time as I do on Xisto now because the only threads (well, most of them) that I answer and make are my own because I really need to push myself and get it done before the new year. Well, that's my plan anyway.:P

So yeah, just be yourself and you'll be fine. You're pretty active on the forums too, so you'll be like me in no time. :)

Just post longer... it helps in the long term!!!

Let's get back on track!!! (On the topic:)

I hate money. I really don't know why. But really, what's the point in being the richest man in the whole wide world? If you think about it this way, let's say that your goal in your life is being the richest man in the whole wide world. Let's say that. Most people's goals is to be rich. But then, let's say that you work hard at it, learnt all these money making techniques, whether it is online or not, and then you become the richest man in the whole wide world!!!

OK, so you think... "What now?"

The thing is, you will find that you are not satisfied with your life. Let me have a big bold guess. Bill Gates in not the most happiest person in the whole wide world, even if he is the richest (or not - there has been debates against and for that). And maybe he isn't satisfied with his life. Because now that he is the richest person in the whole wide world, he will not have any more goals to pursue, no more target for him to chase, so then, what's the purpose of his life now?

So, what does he do? He thinks that he needs more money, he needs something to do the make him happy. He isn't content with sitting around at home and enjoying his "hard-earned" money. So he earns more. And more, and more.

And yet he is still not happy. But he likes to see the numbers going up in his bank account. He likes that. But since there is not limit in the highest amount of money that he can earn, he is now on a project that will never end. He is already the richest man on the planet Earth. He cannot want more. But to be happy. So he earns and hope to be happy, but he is not.

And so he will not give lots of his money to charity, he will not donate to charity organizations or create one himself, because if he does, then his numbers will drop. However, you can see that from the previous thread on Bill Gates, that many people (even the richest people on the planet) still has a far way to go before they get as rich as Bill Gates. And Dude, we're not talking about millions $$$ we're talking about billions... $$$ so it's actually quite hard to catch up to Bill gates...

(Especially someone like me, I've got $0 :P)

But no... the whole post is on this: Bill Gates is still earning money and not donating a lot of that because he is not happy with his life and he thinks that money will satisfy his search for happiness in his life but is finds out that this is not the case and so he is constantly trying to find more ways to earn more money. :)

OK, that is just my mere speculation, but I personally think that it is very true, if not for Bill Gates, but for most people on the world. :) And please, Bill Gates, if you read this, don't kill me. :):( :(

OK, so yeah, I hope that I made up with my Off topic content with a much more "rich" on-topic content.

What do you guys think?

If were to be given such a vast amount of wealth that I would become the world's richest person, then I would do my best to get rid of that wealth soon! Too much money is always evil and makes people do and think evil things - okay not "evil" as shown in movies, but evil in the sense that one becomes proud, treats people below him badly, etc. This sort of snobbish behaviour is really uncalled for and that is why I would try to get rid of th money by giving it to those who are in need of it. Of course before that I would make sure that I have just enough to keep me satisfied for the rest of my life :P:) That is obvious of course - almost everyone would think of a motive like that one. Well anyway there's no point in dreaming - that kind of thing is never going to happen to me :P

That is obvious of course - almost everyone would think of a motive like that one. Well anyway there's no point in dreaming - that kind of thing is never going to happen to me :P

If you really think that, then it will never happen to you. BUT, if you think otherwise, and that if you think that you have the potential to becoming the richest man in the world, and that you follow this "dream" of yours, if it is a dream, then you never know, you might succeed. :)

Don't limit yourself to thoughts like this, it's not only about making lots of money, but other things as well, like making your website. If you believe and take action that follows this dream, and if you continue and don't give up, you will succeed. :P

(Which is what I'm trying to tell myself right now, because I constantly bombard myself with self doubts and all that in finding the perfect template and getting around Drupal. :) But yeah, anyway... :P)

If i became the worlds richest person I'd fund a gang of hooligans to cause billionaires serious hell. I'd make sure that they were successfully disruptive enough to cause a bad day for every day of the year. If they need bailing out I'd do that for them too. I'd encourage them to covertly target the richo's credibility (sabotage them) so companies have no alternative but push them and their shareholdings away.I couldn't imagine spending anymore then 10 million so after my fun adventures I'd make sure the money i have spare would go to were it is needed (worthy causes, not all in my pocket). I'll never be rich i reckon... but i could still find some fanatical people and give them a few Uzi's and a map were billionaire's hangout.

If you really think that, then it will never happen to you. BUT, if you think otherwise, and that if you think that you have the potential to becoming the richest man in the world, and that you follow this "dream" of yours, if it is a dream, then you never know, you might succeed. smile.gif
Don't limit yourself to thoughts like this, it's not only about making lots of money, but other things as well, like making your website. If you believe and take action that follows this dream, and if you continue and don't give up, you will succeed. smile.gif

(Which is what I'm trying to tell myself right now, because I constantly bombard myself with self doubts and all that in finding the perfect template and getting around Drupal. smile.gif But yeah, anyway... tongue.gif)

well first off I don't really have any desire to become the world's richest person, because I know that if I do become even slightly rich, I would have a lot of headaches as to how to spend all that money, how to keep it safe, etc. There would be no peace of mind at all for me. So deep inside I really wish I don't get a lot of money - just enough to keep me alive is good for me :P Only in my dreamland I wish to get rich and enjoy all the pleasures and lead a happy life. In the real land however, I'm quite happy without having that much money.

f i became the worlds richest person I'd fund a gang of hooligans to cause billionaires serious hell.
I'd make sure that they were successfully disruptive enough to cause a bad day for every day of the year. If they need bailing out I'd do that for them too. I'd encourage them to covertly target the richo's credibility (sabotage them) so companies have no alternative but push them and their shareholdings away.

Ha ha that's a really cool idea - do let us know if it works out in the future :P

If I did, it would most likely be because I worked hard and earned it, and not because I won the lottery. If that were the case, I would try to maintain my wealth, and not go spending it on crazy extravagant things like most people who dream of being a billionaire would. I'd rather use what I don't need, and that won't be used, to donate to charities, and to leave behind to my family when I'm gone... And... Maybe buy a bouncy room, just for laughs... Or a public size swimming pool filled with butterscotch pudding... That isn't THAT crazy, is it? :P