xisto Community
Nameless_

Is It Just Me Or Does Trap17 Has A Very Crappy Login Script Or System... That constantly requires you to log in after you have just done so a f

Just an interesting point here, whenever I am on Xisto using safari on OS X the same thing happens to me. I get logged out after about 1-2 mins. This isn't a huge concern to me because I am usually booted into linux, but I find it interesting that another member is experiencing the same issue. I wonder if it is the browser or the OS that is causing the problem...

I don't think it's OS issue. Cause some people have it on firefox,chrome as well and are using windows. Also some people here are reporting forums being slow for them. But it is not same for all of us. For some people everything is working just fine and for some having logging and forum slowing down problem. I think this is issue with IPB than server, OS or connection. We've to ask opaque about this, let' see if admin can find out what is going on with forums.

Just an interesting point here, whenever I am on Xisto using safari on OS X the same thing happens to me. I get logged out after about 1-2 mins. This isn't a huge concern to me because I am usually booted into linux, but I find it interesting that another member is experiencing the same issue. I wonder if it is the browser or the OS that is causing the problem...

Hmm... I'm glad I made this thread then. Yeah well, it is rather annoying, though I suppose you get used to it in time though. I guess it's just me being impatient and all that, and since that I haven't exactly been here long, I suppose that might contribute a bit to that too... :_

But anyway, at least I'm not the only one. That's the good news. The bad news is that not everyone is experiencing this problem either. So here we are separated into two groups, and what we have to do now is to find the similarities between the people that have this problem, and the differences that the people that have this pop-out box problem with the people that don't have a problem.

But currently, I really don't find any differences or any similarities at all, and I really don't think that it's Safari's fault, or the Macintosh's fault, because rob86 doesn't have a Mac, and I think that galexcd's right too... and that it's not the Safari's problem either.

And I certainly don't think that I've got any problems with my wire settings or anything like that... I mean, the Remember Me box actually works on other forums, just not this one...

I don't think it's OS issue. Cause some people have it on firefox,chrome as well and are using windows. Also some people here are reporting forums being slow for them. But it is not same for all of us. For some people everything is working just fine and for some having logging and forum slowing down problem. I think this is issue with IPB than server, OS or connection. We've to ask opaque about this, let' see if admin can find out what is going on with forums.

Great idea, mahesh2k, Yeah well, we'll just have to wait for the admins to see this thread and address the problem... the then the main problem now is... what if they they see this thread at all? Then we're all doomed...

(I mean, the admins don't go checking every single thread, do they? Hmm... :lol: )

The only reason I mentioned the OS and browser is that it does not happen to me at all when using Firefox in Ubuntu. Yet it happens about every 5 minutes in Safari in OS X. But who knows, I didn't really think it was an OS/Browser issue, but the fact that it differs so much for me between the two OS's I use is quite odd.

The only reason I mentioned the OS and browser is that it does not happen to me at all when using Firefox in Ubuntu. Yet it happens about every 5 minutes in Safari in OS X. But who knows, I didn't really think it was an OS/Browser issue, but the fact that it differs so much for me between the two OS's I use is quite odd.

Hmm... really? Then maybe it is the browser/OSX issue, though I really doubt it though... :P But I mean, if this is the case, shouldn't it be happening to me on every forum that I go to? And yet this is not the case. Only Xisto, which happens to be my most active in participating forum does that to me... :P

Oh well... I don't know what to do then... Perhaps change the browser settings? Though I really don't know what to change though... Everything seems right to me...