xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Saint Michael Conducting A Survey For A Business Project

Doing a quick survey for part of my project in HCI(Human-Computer Interaction) and its based on writing skills and writing resources. It is in two part because of the limitation this survey site I am using. Survey's should take about 5-10 minutes tops, answer as truthfully as possible for accurate results.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The goal of these two surveys is to generate a basic demographic of users from high school to retiree's to help generate a typical user for m project. The more people who fill this out the better the results. Of course, try to answer them honestly as I want to get as accurate as possible.

I checked the first link and tool the survey. I hope it was the only link for entire survey. Cause another link is not working with me. It gives me same page when i completed the first links survey. I tried my best to give honest answer to your survey. Only question i had when answering your survey was this : "Do you know the different Types of research papers ie. MLA, APA, Chicago?" I found it no general question as it was more on demographic so answered appropriately.

You're doing this project for your university degree ?

Ug that second link has been giving me trouble all day, I changed some settings mahesh so when you get a chance check it out and see if it works. Yep its part of my BA in Managing Information Systems and work is no joke either as each week I am reading nearly 200 pages of text, plus assignments and forum posting, it is insane.

Completed the survey. Yeah MIS gives headache. I had that subject during my ECE engineering. MIS/IIS takes most of your time, requires lot of reading. Good luck with studies. :-)

I responded. Hope it goes well for you. God luck with the course and I would encourage any and all the members to assist with this short research project SM needs to complete. But as he mentions, honest answers are important.

Done.Just about everything you asked in the first survey was covered by my English courses in high school and in college English courses. :P Guys, +1 on helping SM out. The survey literally takes less than 3 minutes if English is your primary language. :lol:

Thanks, part of the project is to identify or define typic or atypical users and so with this survey it will help me get a good idea what they will be. Such as age, gender, writing skill, education level and although I should have put it in the survey as well, if you are employed or not. Of course, I was in such a rush to produce this survey and get as many people as possible that I skipped a few questions. To give an idea what I am referring I show you the information based on what I have gotten, although a few of things were not added on the survey though.

Typical User

Physical Abilities: Can use their hands and eyes

Cognitive abilities: can think, interpret and understand the information they are writing about

Education: at least a high school student and above

Training: Taught how to write in English, understand how to write essays or research papers

Language Skills: Recognize and understand the English writing structure

Vocabulary: Good use of vocabulary

Job Experience: Working or currently a student

Job Level: Various positions

Wage: Various

Interaction with people: sociable, good communication skills

Tools: computers, writing utensils, paper, word processing software, type write, school resources, teachers, tutors

Organizations: various

Atypical

Physical Abilities: Unable to use hands, cannot see

Cognitive abilities: Dyslexic, ADD, ADHD, slow learners, never graduated school, unable to read or write.

Education: private school, home school, never went to school, learning to write

Training: little to no training in writing or reading

Language Skills: English as a second language

Vocabulary: Good use of vocabulary

Job Experience: Not working, retired, no experience, high executive

Job Level: Executive (CEO, President etc)

Wage: various

Interaction with people: non-social, poor communication skills

Tools: no computer access, cannot afford word processing software, can?t use tutoring services

Organizations - various

You can say this aspect of the project is to figure out how to develop it more based on information for the atypical and thus make it a stronger product.

I just completed the survey too..took only a few moments. Hope it'll help with whatever you're doing. English is my second language, I guess that's one of the questions that were left out?