xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Opera Mini Version 5.0 (beta) now available for download

a new version of the opera mini browser (version 5.0 beta) has just been released today, and is such a big improvement from the last 4.2 version. :lol: if you've been using OM4.2 before, you will find this update a sweet deal. :(

here are the top new features:

Posted Image

Tabbed browsing: just like on a desktop browser, you can now enjoy browsing several web sites at the same time, using tabs. this feature has long been awaited for the opera mini browser, so you could switch easily from one page to another.

Posted Image

Speed Dial: although this feature was already available in the older OM4.2, the speed dial is made easier to configure and use from the start page, so your favorite bookmarked sites are just a click away (or with a combo-keystroke :().

Posted Image

Touch & Keypad: This updated version is now capable to optimize the use of mobile phones with a touchscreen for browsing the web. Of course, it can still be used for keypad phones, that's a given. :P

Posted Image

Password manager: well, that sums it up pretty well... something to manage your passwords you frequently use to access your e-mail, social networks, etc. :(

you will also love the NEW interface, and it's a much more pleasing interface than that on OM4.2. there's also the full text search feature, as well as convenient copy and paste features. :( the compression feature is still present, so you'll get to view the sites you want FASTER. i'm already using it on my mobile, even if it's just in it's beta stage. :( take it for a spin, if you have a Java-enabled phone.

you can directly download it from your mobile:

http://www.opera.com/mobile

or if you would need to download it from your PC, you can get it from this page (just transfer it to your mobile for installation):

http://www.opera.com/mobile

OH! did i forget to mention there is a version for BlackBerry phones too? :( now you know! :(

wow a nice upgrade ahaha im using the OM4.2 

i will try that later and try to find FBT for it thanks again sir

you're welcome akira. :PFBT... i know what you mean. :( but we won't be allowed to talk about that here. :lol:

there are still some bugs in OM5.0, but those are to be expected, it still is in beta. enjoy it anyway... i'm happy about the bookmarks management system they have incorporated in this new version, compared to OM4.2. can't upload files from this yet though. and the menu system and features settings are a little tricky... you've got to familiarize yourself with the innards of this thing. if only i had a touchscreen phone, i may enjoy it more. :( oh well, maybe by the end of this year, i'll get a new phone, and maybe these bugs will be rectified already in future updates.

you're welcome akira. :PFBT... i know what you mean. :( but we won't be allowed to talk about that here. :lol:

there are still some bugs in OM5.0, but those are to be expected, it still is in beta. enjoy it anyway... i'm happy about the bookmarks management system they have incorporated in this new version, compared to OM4.2. can't upload files from this yet though. and the menu system and features settings are a little tricky... you've got to familiarize yourself with the innards of this thing. if only i had a touchscreen phone, i may enjoy it more. :( oh well, maybe by the end of this year, i'll get a new phone, and maybe these bugs will be rectified already in future updates.

ohh im sorry about that aha yeah it was illegal hmm hey i used this one and it's great they add more features and it was faster than the later version

I have just downloaded Opera mini 5 beta and its really better than earlier version. While surfing in it I haven't found any bug and performance is also better than opera mini 4.2. It also have got nice looks.I am just waiting for its final release.

Thanks for the post serverph. I've test phone of sony z550i. and i'm unsure if some of the features of next version of opera mini will work on it or not. Cause this is very basic multimedia phone. and as some of the features like "touch & keypad" will work on it or not. I've to check it. Still it is not released on sony's official mobile download site. I'll wait till it appears there. I don't wanna break things now. Is password manager secure ?