xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

Can You Link Two Or More Free Domain Providers To The Same Site? Just wondering... itd be so cool if you can.

ah, the link is http://forums.xisto.com/topic/64457-creating-and-promoting-an-online-forum/

The guide isn't as extensive as I want it to be. Maybe sometime I can put a SEO guide up.

What's the link to your forum? If you have a link up, I can give you site-specific support, which is better than just general tips.

I can edit theme so that MODs work on them. I have edited 3 themes to work on my site, another is 99% done and another is about 50% done. If you edit every time that you add a MOD, it isn't that much work, rather than all at once.

Why would you want to change hosts? Xisto is a paid hosting provider, they just allow people to post for money. Not to mention that they are quite reliable (I have seen very little downtime.)

Well, this is because there are lots more cheaper paid hosting out there, for Unlimited Diskspace, Bandwidth, AND they also provide you with a free top=level domain name...

What more could you want? What I know is that Xisto isn't the best hosting service out there... there are more cheaper hosting methods that provide more to their users than Xisto does.... but I would like to use Xisto first as the springboard of my site and once I begin to earn enough on a regular basis for my site to be coined as "self-supported", meaning it earns more than enough for one of those cheap hosting plans, so that I make a profit I can reduce my costs of hosting it and move it to a paid hosting site so I don't have to worry about posting to host, but only generating enough good content on a regular basis to keep making the same amount of money.

sorry to be a party-pooper but we're getting a bit out of topic here guys. :lol:@Nameless_, has the question been answered to your satisfaction already? please report to have this marked as RESOLVED if it is. :P thanks. until then, we'll leave this thread open. :(

:( :( :( Yeah, I suppose so... The answer is "Yes" to my question, But no one really answered WHY a site does badly in SEO if you have lots of redirect sites... Which is the main question right now...

Especially if Google or any other search engine like Yahoo! and Bing doesn't index it.

@Thedisturbedone, we'll discuss it in forums suggestion thread or i'll PM you. That will be better.

@Nameless_

But no one really answered WHY a site does badly in SEO if you have lots of redirect sites... Which is the main question right now...

Especially if Google or any other search engine like Yahoo! and Bing doesn't index it.

I guess i tried to answer that. But now you change your question lastly with modification that how site does badly even if it has lot of redirects. So let's get back to the this question which you asked right now. For this let's take help of what we discussed so far. We discussed about domain names taken into consideration for this. Then we also discussed about how search engines look at subdomains and domains with and without www. If these things are cleared to you from google webmaster help and SEOMoz blog then i think it is clear to you now that Site not only performs with content and redirection. It matters for 301 redirects/links from other sites etc.

@Thedisturbedone, we'll discuss it in forums suggestion thread or i'll PM you.

@Nameless_

I guess i tried to answer that. But now you change your question lastly with modification that how site does badly even if it has lot of redirects. So let's get back to the this question which you asked right now. For this let's take help of what we discussed so far. We discussed about domain names taken into consideration for this. Then we also discussed about how search engines look at subdomains and domains with and without www. If these things are cleared to you from google webmaster help and SEOMoz blog then i think it is clear to you now that Site not only performs with content and redirection. It matters for 301 redirects/links from other sites etc.

Well... you gave me links... but I still don't understand... :lol: And I didn't get a word that you just said...

We talked about www??? I don't remember that... and I only know that search engines finds it harder to index your site and give you a good rank if you domain is actually a subdomain, but I don't know anything about the www...

Nor why a site does badly with lots of redirect domains...

We talked about www??? I don't remember that... and I only know that search engines finds it harder to index your site and give you a good rank if you domain is actually a subdomain, but I don't know anything about the www...Nor why a site does badly with lots of redirect domains...

I tried to explain why some domain don't perform well with search engines. Let me give you a better and short article on blog to read. This article sums up most of the doubt related to WWW. I hope this will clear your doubt. and as far domain name is concerned. You're yet to start it with it. And i ask you to set up exclusive for WWW if you want to rank higher. This setting can be done in CPanel. We'll talk about details later. You're yet to get started with it. Once you get domain name, create thread here. and before installing blog, you've to make 301 redirection setting. But that part is not needed now. And without access to cpanel, i doubt you'll understand it.

I tried to explain why some domain don't perform well with search engines. Let me give you a better and short article on blog to read. This article sums up most of the doubt related to WWW. I hope this will clear your doubt. and as far domain name is concerned. You're yet to start it with it. And i ask you to set up exclusive for WWW if you want to rank higher. This setting can be done in CPanel. We'll talk about details later. You're yet to get started with it. Once you get domain name, create thread here. and before installing blog, you've to make 301 redirection setting. But that part is not needed now. And without access to cpanel, i doubt you'll understand it.

Ah... OK... :lol: I get the point now. The question now is only my domain name and what to call it. I've got a good idea though I won't be attracting many visitors to my site that way... I'll PM it to you if you want...

And I know understand the www. thing now though... but it's the same domain right? So you can't buy the without (or with) www version depending on which one is taken... ahhh.... said.

And yeah, I don't really understood a word you said there, but I will be buying a hosting either from here at Xisto or a free (totally free with no posts required host) and start from there... I might actually go with the latter, though I will be posting most questions here. And yeah... so it's a psychic blog that I'm working on. And oh, I've changed the Newstack site a bit, by the way. It's still on the blogspot sub domain name though...

But anyway... hope it'll be easy to configure...