xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ddwyer

Learning PHP Need some assistance

so what do you gusy recommend? i started learning php a couple of months back.i've never done java, c# or c++.Which one is more efficient?
Learning php seems to be a lot of fun btw.

First get experienced with PHP programming language. Once you understand the programming concepts learning a new language is pretty easy. You can choose whatever you like. Actually we can't recommend which is better. It depends. Some projects need .Net platform and some projects need Java (if portability is very important). And people choose platforms as per their knowledge in particular language.
Usually all open source web projects use PHP. And PHP hosting is very cheaper compared to .Net and Java. Comparing java and .Net is a very huge topic...so I'm not touching it.. :)

Hmm if I was you I would make a guestbook, I did and it seamed to have payed off 0.o I ended up writing a 1500+ word tutorial on it after only knowing the language for about 4 months. Maybe after a guestbook something like a login script? Then integrate the 2, make it better and then charge for it and release it, makes you money and learns you PHP.

I have since started learning PHP. Had a couple of books on my pc...ust wasnt giving it timeMy goal is to learn all the major languages by the end of 2009.I would like to start creating and editing mods to my liking. How long do you guys thnk it's going to take me or how long did it take you folks?Thanks for the feedback xpress