xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eurobeat

Wetworks

M8 you're the prankster aren't you? Would you like to share you're plans for world domination also? I could suggest a few things but you seem too evil to me. n' stay away from those comic books they've got too many ideas in them.

@inverse_bloomno im not a prankster and second i dont read a comic book. also there a lot of fun thing to do rather doing some prank. i just get impatient cos the book that im reading seem it never to tend to give what i want.and also i got insecure if it realy possible since when i use a software bandwidth limiter(i forgot the software name) the software able to identify the ip destination (where the data will be send) and also able to identify the ip resource(where the the data came from) and i question my self how will be able to identify it? base on it the possible answer is that ul have an access in that data, since the format/packets that send and recieve over the internet if im not mistaken it contain an ip destinationdo i need to make a program? is using java, c++, vb will be enough? or only assemble language can do that?to make clear to my question i just want to get all the data that my computer send and recieve over the internet if possible. any ideas or something like read about "book name" wil be well apreciatedman i feel that i post in a wrong forum >,<

There are a lot of monitoring software out there, but if you want to make one yourseld then maybe googling for raw sockets will help.I'd use c/c++ to efficiently deal with the data.

to make clear to my question i just want to get all the data that my computer send and recieve over the internet if possible. any ideas or something like read about "book name" wil be well apreciated

There are plenty of bandwidth monitoring programs like Wireshark. Some of them are commercial. Also there are some programs which restrict access to network in order to save bandwidth. Zonealarm firewall/blocking program can do job in this case. But now that i've gone through your requirements of the program i suggest you need to use custom software. You can either create your own in C++/Java/C# depending on your system and the possibility of language that let's you do this quickly and efficiently. I think you can ask this question to sites like stackoverflow,codesynapse,bytes,daniweb.

@eurobeat
Sorry M8, i thought you were having a joke, sometimes i get carried away and i can be a bit of a git. Anyhow after researching the subject i have found the following links which maybe helpful to you -

http://www.tcpdump.org/ - if you use linux
http://www.winpcap.org/windump/install/ - for windows
http://www.tcptrace.org/ - to analyse output from above programs.

I can't really say much about them becuase i haven't used them. I can only say that to adequately use them without modification for your needs, you'd need to set up a computer network with one computer connecting to the internet (or something like that).

Also if you begin enquiring on other forums just give people a little idea "why" you want to do such a thing, my automatic "assumption" after you asked was you were playing a joke or had intentions that were not good (for which i'm sorry for).

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)