xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

New Blogger Wants Answers To Blogging Questions... Adsense and the time that it takes for Google to index a blogspot blog

By the way, if you only buy a domain and it costs like, $12, and if you buy domain with hosting, and it costs like, $14,

Not sure about this. But with or without hosting you'll be charged 12$ for domain, that is fixed fee with taxes. I don't know if you're charged with 14 $ or so. if so then i think xisto raised their prices perhaps.

then wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the domain first and THEN the hosting?

yes it is cheaper. and sometimes it cuts load off your shoulder, as you'll have plenty of time to post and get mycents for your hosting. if in doubt always exceed mycent count for atleast 2-years of hosting amount. This will insure that if by any chance you go offline or unable to post here, your account don't get suspended cause of no mycents in your xisto billing account. Just a suggestion, that if you've long term plan with site/forum/blog of yours try and earn MyCent for more than your needs. It helps in longer run.

Just a thought. I know I might sound cheap going over the two dollars, but hey, it saves me two days of work and sleepless (or near sleepless) nights...

Lol. Just noticed that you're too active on forums and sometimes get frustrated with slow mycent count. I think you need to relax a bit. take your time off sometimes from forum. i did this for last 3 days. and i'll do that regularly, in order to take my mind off this Mycent and hosting/domain stress. and to warn you that less sleep hurts a lot, may not hurt you during 17-20's but after 20's you'll get more stress and physical stress will increase so take enough sleep. Earning mycent is easy, it takes only few good topics to earn them back. So relax.

Also, someone tell me why I should host my own blog on a hosting website and not just use a free blogging platform (like Blogger.com in this case) where I can have unlimited space and bandwidth without having to pay anything...

Because they don't have to worry about protecting your data in case if they go down. They owe your content and can remove your site if they get into any legal hassles or any complain from advertisers or others etc. If you're reading news regularly then you know that one of hollywod's celeb got her identity revealed cause of blogger(google's service). So there are always issue with free services cause in these services you're on your own. It is always beneficial to buy hosting as you owe your content and it is hosted in your account of hosting service. You get right ask questions in case site goes down and you have right to get your data back. This is not case with google/wordpress.com, but anyway they rarely have downtime. and when they do have it, ya know.

Not sure about this. But with or without hosting you'll be charged 12$ for domain, that is fixed fee with taxes. I don't know if you're charged with 14 $ or so. if so then i think xisto raised their prices perhaps.
yes it is cheaper. and sometimes it cuts load off your shoulder, as you'll have plenty of time to post and get mycents for your hosting. if in doubt always exceed mycent count for atleast 2-years of hosting amount. This will insure that if by any chance you go offline or unable to post here, your account don't get suspended cause of no mycents in your xisto billing account. Just a suggestion, that if you've long term plan with site/forum/blog of yours try and earn MyCent for more than your needs. It helps in longer run.

Lol. Just noticed that you're too active on forums and sometimes get frustrated with slow mycent count. I think you need to relax a bit. take your time off sometimes from forum. i did this for last 3 days. and i'll do that regularly, in order to take my mind off this Mycent and hosting/domain stress. and to warn you that less sleep hurts a lot, may not hurt you during 17-20's but after 20's you'll get more stress and physical stress will increase so take enough sleep. Earning mycent is easy, it takes only few good topics to earn them back. So relax.

Because they don't have to worry about protecting your data in case if they go down. They owe your content and can remove your site if they get into any legal hassles or any complain from advertisers or others etc. If you're reading news regularly then you know that one of hollywod's celeb got her identity revealed cause of blogger(google's service). So there are always issue with free services cause in these services you're on your own. It is always beneficial to buy hosting as you owe your content and it is hosted in your account of hosting service. You get right ask questions in case site goes down and you have right to get your data back. This is not case with google/wordpress.com, but anyway they rarely have downtime. and when they do have it, ya know.

$12 a year isn't hard... it's the monthly billing cycle that makes it hard...
I do have a stash of myCENTS from not using it and very active posting... so I should be alright in an emergency. I was thinking of having at least $100 USD of spare cash just in case, and I haven't exactly reached that yet...

Yeah, I do think that I'm a bit too active in the forums... not my first time. I can start as a newbie in the forums and suddenly go up the ranks to become the person with the most posts average per day and the most posting person of the day, which isn't all that good for my health if you ask me...

And yes, I know it's a problem. I'm not even in my 17s yet, but still... but then, when I get to twenty I probably will be earning enough to keep my site up and running without even having to post... not that I want that. I would prefer a self hosting site and probably making a little profit for me to use in emergencies, like my little, I mean, big stash of myCENTS that I have now...

And yes.. you're right. Hosting your own blog does seem better, and apparently in Google's Term of Service number eleven, there is a problem with copyright as they can distribute your work anywhere and everywhere, so that's a problem...

But the question is now... now that I'm going to use myCENTS to host my site anyway, should I do a blog to earn money or just start on the website?
Bu the way, I've created another thread somewhere (before I read this post) on what my website is meant to be about...

Thanks so much!!!

$12 a year isn't hard... it's the monthly billing cycle that makes it hard...

Monthly billing cycle ? are you opting for monthly billing on Xisto - Web Hosting ? or is this Xisto hosting criteria ? i mean on Xisto - Web Hosting there is no such field for monthly payments or is there any that i missed ? and on point of yearly or monthly payment, yearly payment for hosting costs appx 30$. be it mycents or US $. So if you pile up 30$ then yearly hosting is enough with those. As i'm paid customer of Xisto - Web Hosting so i know about this amount. I don't know how much i've to maintain mycents in wallet during renewals,this is my first time with mycents. let's see if i can renew it with mycents.

But the question is now... now that I'm going to use myCENTS to host my site anyway, should I do a blog to earn money or just start on the website?

Website ? i don't know the theme of your website and how you're planning to earn money with it, so can't suggest anything for idea of website. It's your choice anyway. and we on Xisto hardly suggest you for your personal good. Though if you like spending some time on computer and love keyboard then try blogging. Do it as if you're not going to earn money then cause of this you'll likely to gather traffic to blog cause of your content. If you succeed you'll pile up lot of cash via CPM based ads. It depends on hard work,patience, connections and Important thing TIME.