xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shova

Forum Suggestion

I didn't get your question. What do you mean by "build some other parts for other language?". Is it about programming language ? or Spoken language ? If programming language then what do you mean by building some other parts of other language ? that is confusing to me. please explain your question briefly that will help us understand what you want.

I didn't get your question. What do you mean by "build some other parts for other language?". Is it about programming language ? or Spoken language ? If programming language then what do you mean by building some other parts of other language ? that is confusing to me. please explain your question briefly that will help us understand what you want.

i mean the forum could Create a new program for other language.so some people could be easy to join the forum.sorry. my English is poor.

i mean the forum could Create a new program for other language.so some people could be easy to join the forum. sorry. my English is poor.

Hmm, you mean spoken language translation or posting capability ? I'm not sure if this is feasible in Xisto. Cause take a case of country india, there are more than 29 languages spoken here and people speaking these are more in numbers. at about lakhs for each language. probably more for some.

Now take a case of international languages, there are more than 30 languages spoken in world. which are recognized by most of the international bodies and are preferred by most of the international translational systems. So just imagine adding this functionality to forum will simply turn off other users. i mean it is worth to learn English and if it is not comfortable to learning then i think it is better to use online translators.

Hmm, you mean spoken language translation or posting capability ? I'm not sure if this is feasible in Xisto. Cause take a case of country india, there are more than 29 languages spoken here and people speaking these are more in numbers. at about lakhs for each language. probably more for some.
Now take a case of international languages, there are more than 30 languages spoken in world. which are recognized by most of the international bodies and are preferred by most of the international translational systems. So just imagine adding this functionality to forum will simply turn off other users. i mean it is worth to learn English and if it is not comfortable to learning then i think it is better to use online translators.

maybe the forum can choose some kinds of main language.such as Indian. Chinese.French and so on.and it could depend on the country members come from.
when i learn English.i just think it is for test.but now i learn more about its importance.i will learn it well.thank you.

Well, shova... to me your English is good enough for us to understand, and you have pretty good grammar too... plus, I don't think that there will be many people that are able to speak other languages and all that like you, because most members in this Xisto community are English speakers, so it will be hard for us to join is and it will be hard for Xisto to find other members that will speak your language... meaning that you will probably be the only your country langauge speaker in your forum section, if you get what I mean...Plus, making mew forums sections in different languages also makes new problems for us... new problems arise... Firstly, we will need to find some moderators and maybe even administrators to browse the forums sections to make sure that no one is actually spamming the forums or anything. And that means that there will be a whole lot of new staff that might be be able to be trusted anyway... also, the real admins (Opaque and Buffalohelp) won't be able to know if the moderators are doing their job or not either...Do you get what I mean?I'm sure there are still a lot so other issues that will arise with the new non-English speaking forums too.. but I just can't be bothered thinking them out and typing it... (sorry)...But look on the positive bright side... you get to practise your already good English, don't you??? And you'll be a pro English speaker in no time...I think that you are actually good enough to survive in a pure English speaking community anyway... ;)SO yeah....That was meant to be a compliment. :P

Well, shova... to me your English is good enough for us to understand, and you have pretty good grammar too... plus, I don't think that there will be many people that are able to speak other languages and all that like you, because most members in this Xisto community are English speakers, so it will be hard for us to join is and it will be hard for Xisto to find other members that will speak your language... meaning that you will probably be the only your country langauge speaker in your forum section, if you get what I mean...
Plus, making mew forums sections in different languages also makes new problems for us... new problems arise... Firstly, we will need to find some moderators and maybe even administrators to browse the forums sections to make sure that no one is actually spamming the forums or anything. And that means that there will be a whole lot of new staff that might be be able to be trusted anyway... also, the real admins (Opaque and Buffalohelp) won't be able to know if the moderators are doing their job or not either...

Do you get what I mean?

I'm sure there are still a lot so other issues that will arise with the new non-English speaking forums too.. but I just can't be bothered thinking them out and typing it... (sorry)...

But look on the positive bright side... you get to practise your already good English, don't you??? And you'll be a pro English speaker in no time...
I think that you are actually good enough to survive in a pure English speaking community anyway... ;)

SO yeah....
That was meant to be a compliment. :P

Thank you for your compliment.And I think I get what you mean. :P
I just think it will be convenient to Non-English speakers,but not notice its difficulty.just English,maybe it's a good way To prevent waste.In this way,some people give up the chance to get the host,I don't think they are really need the host.
it's much harder than write an English composition for me.o(∩_∩)o...

Thank you for your compliment.And I think I get what you mean. ;) I just think it will be convenient to Non-English speakers,but not notice its difficulty.just English,maybe it's a good way To prevent waste.In this way,some people give up the chance to get the host,I don't think they are really need the host.
it's much harder than write an English composition for me.o(∩_∩)o...

Yeah, I agree that that is a problem... we had a Chinese speaker that joined before you a couple of weeks ago, and they wrote their first post in full Chinese... and I was like... wow... how am I meant to reply to their introductory post??? So I (because I know some Chinese myself), spend like, a fully wholly hour writing a short post in Full Pure Chinese with the help of Babelfish (of course... :P did you really expect me to write everything??? Without help???) and them I found out that only English posts were allowed in this forum...

So much for nothing... :P
But anyway... I think that that Chinese speaker has already permanently left the forum... sad. I do hope that you will perservere and learn more English and refine your English writing (or should I say typing?) skills at this forum. We'll be a hundred percent (100%) supportive of you!!! Good luck to perfect English!!!

In the aspect that Xisto is only English-speaking, I think it's rather arrogant that no one else is really personally encouraged to share their thoughts when there's a language barrier.With that being said, I think that translation services would do a great favor to building Xisto's "availability" and scope to being beyond just one language. I know that translation services are poor at best, but maybe there can be an option to toggle English AND non-English posts and an integrated option to translate utilizing translation services (like BabelFish)? This would help with members that don't have as much of a language proficiency in English as others do, and that way, they can post good contributions as well as give all of us the opportunity to share what we know DESPITE the language barrier. It might be a messy proposition... but it could also branch us out. I hope Opaque and mods involved in Xisto's development are listening... ;) Another possibility is what Shova probably meant to say: separate sites to host versions of Xisto in native languages... kind of like a Google-type deal where you can receive pages in your own language and post in your own language. This could tie into the idea I had above...

I think the idea of adding more languages to Xisto would not prove to be very fruitful. Because the posts which will be made in languages other than english would be very difficult for anyone else on Xisto who doesn't understand the language.What I mean is the posts will be limited to the user group who understands the language the post is written in. Besides english is an international language and its used worldwide so its the obvious choice for something which is meant for everyone. Besides if you are here and posting then you know a bit of english if not you will learn in a matter of days. Sticking to a single language keeps uniformity in the forum so it should remain the way it is.

I think the idea of adding more languages to Xisto would not prove to be very fruitful. Because the posts which will be made in languages other than english would be very difficult for anyone else on Xisto who doesn't understand the language.What I mean is the posts will be limited to the user group who understands the language the post is written in. Besides english is an international language and its used worldwide so its the obvious choice for something which is meant for everyone. Besides if you are here and posting then you know a bit of english if not you will learn in a matter of days. Sticking to a single language keeps uniformity in the forum so it should remain the way it is.

True, but what I'm saying is to open up the doors to other non-native-English-speaking members to be able to share what they have to contribute, and have the option of actually translating it through a translation service which would be integrated into the forum itself... and all this will have a toggle to either show them or not. It's probably a lot of work that might not contribute much if anything at all to the community, but it would bring that option into play, and it's a suggestion that Xisto's developers would have to weigh between actual utility and the effort into making this happen.

You're right about keeping it to one uniform language to avoid confusion, and most likely it will remain the way it is. But it will also limit our members and the audience that Xisto will be available to. I would agree on keeping it the way it is, but then again, that's just me... trying to look at both sides of this possibility. ;)

I think the idea of adding more languages to Xisto would not prove to be very fruitful.

Exactly. That is my point as well. And what about bandwidth ? the amount it will take to load translation components or any language specific dictionary etc. I don't understand what is the problem with people learning english. i mean it is the only language commonly understood by rest of the world.

Because of this additional language, many people will refrain from making comments. World is already divided on basis of religion and region, and adding language to it will not solve problem. but will rather create many other. In my opinion, english is excellent language that we're using on computers, website and in other global communication places. Ignoring this fact and trying to bring regional language just for the ignorance and laziness of learning language is not at all making sense. and if learning english is the problem then what these people are doing on internet ? they expect to get information in their local language for almost every query they have ?

I think people need to grow up out of shell of native language and have to understand the need that if they wish to communicate with people all over the globe then they need to take help of common language like english.

Yeah, I agree that that is a problem... we had a Chinese speaker that joined before you a couple of weeks ago, and they wrote their first post in full Chinese... and I was like... wow... how am I meant to reply to their introductory post??? So I (because I know some Chinese myself), spend like, a fully wholly hour writing a short post in Full Pure Chinese with the help of Babelfish (of course... :P did you really expect me to write everything??? Without help???) and them I found out that only English posts were allowed in this forum...
So much for nothing... :(
But anyway... I think that that Chinese speaker has already permanently left the forum... sad. I do hope that you will perservere and learn more English and refine your English writing (or should I say typing?) skills at this forum. We'll be a hundred percent (100%) supportive of you!!! Good luck to perfect English!!!

i am in school now ,maybe i will not have much time to post in the forum as in summer vacation,but i will still come here from time to time.because at here i meet many kind people who can improve my poor english.and tell you the information that i passed the TEST 4 just in the summer vocation :( .and my next goal is to pass the TEST6 in December.
however, i still can't know how to apply for the host :( .but i will not give up,i will learn more harder,one day,i will success,both the host and my English. :lol:

why don't they try to approve his suggestion maybe it can make Xisto better and more populateda number of people will come even if they don't know how to spoke in english muchatleast they can speak in their own native language into their sectionand they can know who's comming from this place... or into that placei suggest that they should try :lol:

No I don't think this is a good idea. Adding more sections will mean slower speeds, Xisto is already slow for people in the UK & Maybe other countries I think it will be a bad idea to add more sections for different languages. + I think it will attract Russian spammers and just spam everywhere in there own language. Xisto should remain and English speak board only if you don't like it I say Go find another forum like this with your own language :lol:.