xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rayzoredge

Want To Work From Home? You Sure Can! One opportunity to work for yourself

We've heard about it, seen it, read it, and the trend is everywhere: work from the comfort of your own home, made lots of money, blah blah blah. A lot of things just seem too good to be true about the whole work-from-home scheme, so a lot of us are skeptical about it.

However, since money was tight and I was desperate for a secondary job for another flow of income, I decided to look around on Craigslist for jobs.

I sent out my resume and a basic "cover letter" to about a dozen listings that I thought I was able to do or that I was qualified to do. I only received two replies back, which incidentally I've replied and out of those two, only one replied back.

The job was described as a position in selling health plans. I figured I could do it, so I followed through with my e-mails and got more information. The person that I talked to told me about the opportunities of Ameriplan and how I could work from home and essentially, work for myself. Blah blah blah. I was still skeptical, but I was also desperate for another job. So I took interest in it and called the recruiting person back. And then the person who I was working with asked me for money up front.

This usually raises a red flag with me. It actually did while I was listening to her explain why the $50 up-front fee was necessary. It was the first of a recurring series of fees (per month) that individuals would accrue while working for Ameriplan. The fees would help "pay for brokers fees, maintaining the website, pay the customer service people, blah blah blah..." which made sense, but it still rose the red flag in my head nonetheless. But this time I threw caution into the wind... and I'm now starting to think that this is the real deal.

So here it is, and this is what I've been telling others in my attempts to get others into this opportunity:

Simply put, I would be assisting others in purchasing a discount health plan from a company called Ameriplan, which is also the same company you would be working "for." I say this because you would be doing stuff under their flag and their rules, but for the most part you will be doing a lot of stuff on your own and keeping in touch with your upline team (including me) to get help, help each other out, and learn a ton of stuff from each other. It's pretty crazy at first to take in all the information... I was actually dumb and jumped on board before I understood everything.

One thing to understand: you ONLY can get out of this what you put into it. There are a multiple of ways to do what you need to do. You can start networking right away and talk to people to see if they would be interested in a discount health care plan or whatever else Ameriplan offers (including dental). Or you can set up a base (like a website, making up flyers, etc.) to advertise yourself passively. You don't have to be an aggressive salesperson to do this... it's really moreso of a helping hand for those people that are interested in signing up for the plans. With that being said, YOU would be the person to network with to get them to be interested with the plan.

In addition to that, you would also be getting to know how the whole thing works and then recruiting other people of your own. Here's the multi-level marketing portion of it: the more people you recruit on a 2nd-generation basis (you being the first), the more you are paid from their commissions. The more people they recruit, the more you get paid at a 3rd-generation basis (which is a smaller percentage).

As far as base pay goes for helping sell health plans, you will be receiving 30% of every product that you sell. There are health plans for $19.95 up to $49.95, and they can all be purchased in conjunction. So basically, the earnings process is commission-only with the addition of MLM-style commissions from your recruits.

There's even a promotion portion to it too. For example, if you recruit a number of people and make a number of sales, you move up from an IBO (Independent Business Owner) status and pay bracket and become a regional sales director, where you begin the MLM commissions concept of earning a percentage off of the sales of the people that you've recruited.

This is a lot of information to take in, so please read and understand what I've put out, and if you're still interested, PM me and let me know.

-

Basically, the system works in theory and I would expect it to work in practice. You can only get something out of this if you put effort, time, and maybe some money to set up your base, get the word out there that you exist and what you can offer, and have people come to you. I'm planning on doing just this and not chasing every potential client down, because, face it, no one likes someone who will badger and break down your door to sell you something you don't want or don't think you'll need. The discount health and dental plans seem like pretty sweet deals, and especially with today's uncertainty with health care costs and insurance, I would think that everyone would jump at these sorts of discount plans. The funny thing is that as big as this company is, I've never heard of it... until now. And I want to be able to share the options with everyone I know about these plans as well as the opportunity to work from home and be doing what I'm doing now. It's not a get-rich-quick scheme, and you can only get so much from what you put into it. And if you work at it long enough, recruiting people and selling plans to become promoted to the higher levels to collect on the multi-level marketing scheme, you can literally be one of those people who don't do much of anything and collect a decent pay check on top of doing what you're doing for a current job.

If anyone wants more information about this sort of thing, send me a message/PM here and let me know. There are some people that know me on Xisto and know that I'm not going to scam you, and if you don't know me, you can obviously see that I'm not a hit-and-run forum person, signing up for Xisto only to make 3 posts about "how you can make millions" and disappearing. ;) Obviously, I'm here to recruit others under my wing, but that's what it literally is going to be like: I won't be ditching you after "adding you to my ranks" because that's not how it works with this team that I'm in. We look out for each other, talk to each other, keep in touch, and try to help each other with how to advertise ourselves, become confident in what we do, know what to do, and become more capable of working for ourselves as well as working as a team to help each other succeed. There is no pressure in making quotas because YOU decide whether you want to make those commission sales to earn money and eventually become promoted to earn percentages off of the people YOU'VE recruited and fostered, and in turn, you will also earn profits off of who THEY foster... so you can see how it's actually a good thing that everyone works together.

This is a nation-wide opportunity, not just limited to certain places. If you want any more information or are interested in doing this gig with me, let me know.

Hey that sounds good rayzoredge, i hope it works out for you. I'm just wondering is there a site (besides Ameriplanusa.com) that discloses financial/background information about the company. Although I live in another country and have other plans anyway, I ask because in the hypothetical situation that If i were to sign up, that would be the first bit of information I'd search for. Obviously Ameriplan is listed on NASDAQ perhaps you could include a couple of links?.How long has the company been established, 14-15 years?. I, like you am a very skeptical person, so I'd imagine you've done your background research to ensure you don't waste your time. Marketing and salesmanship mm..., i think if people "seriously" invest in it (and they have suitable personal attributes) they may very well get good income.Just wondering, do you compete with other Ameriplan providers in your local area for business?. Do you compete as team, or even at all? Hope this helps everyone.

Hey that sounds good rayzoredge, i hope it works out for you. I'm just wondering is there a site (besides Ameriplanusa.com) that discloses financial/background information about the company.
Although I live in another country and have other plans anyway, I ask because in the hypothetical situation that If i were to sign up, that would be the first bit of information I'd search for. Obviously Ameriplan is listed on NASDAQ perhaps you could include a couple of links?.

How long has the company been established, 14-15 years?. I, like you am a very skeptical person, so I'd imagine you've done your background research to ensure you don't waste your time. Marketing and salesmanship mm..., i think if people "seriously" invest in it (and they have suitable personal attributes) they may very well get good income.

Just wondering, do you compete with other Ameriplan providers in your local area for business?. Do you compete as team, or even at all?

Hope this helps everyone.

I agree with Inverse Bloom... for one, the up front money of $50 dollars raises my re-flag, as you call it and I still don't really get how this company works apart from reffering people. Where does their money come from? Are they trusted? Should I trust them?

Even if I trust you, I still don't trust them and it just all sounds too fishy for me. I AM interested in making money online, more prefferrably passive money because all the money that I'll earn will go to Xisto anyway and Xisto gives out the most out of all paying sites that actually pay you money for doing something...

And yeah...

But either way, I don't think that I will be in this thing that you offer, because well... it's just too much of an upfront payment AND I'm not allowed to pay any upfront payment anyway, even if it is legitimate or anything just to get me started. I will have to start with nothing, and I HAVE nothing... so yeah... I can't do this, sorry, but if you have any other jobs available or anything, feel free to call me and send me a PM or whatever and I'll see if it's suitable and if I'll take the job.

Hey that sounds good rayzoredge, i hope it works out for you. I'm just wondering is there a site (besides Ameriplanusa.com) that discloses financial/background information about the company.

Although I live in another country and have other plans anyway, I ask because in the hypothetical situation that If i were to sign up, that would be the first bit of information I'd search for. Obviously Ameriplan is listed on NASDAQ perhaps you could include a couple of links?.

How long has the company been established, 14-15 years?. I, like you am a very skeptical person, so I'd imagine you've done your background research to ensure you don't waste your time. Marketing and salesmanship mm..., i think if people "seriously" invest in it (and they have suitable personal attributes) they may very well get good income.

Just wondering, do you compete with other Ameriplan providers in your local area for business?. Do you compete as team, or even at all?

Hope this helps everyone.

First off, the company was established in 1992, which brings the foundation of 17 years of stability. Can't be that bad if it's been around that long, right? :P

To be honest, the first thing I did was Google for these exact terms: "ameriplan" and "scam", and within the first couple of links, I found this: Is AmeriPlan A Work-At-Home Scam? I also found an actual scam that apparently is going around with the AmeriPlan guise, because it sounds nothing like what you would do working as an IBO for AmeriPlan. It's the third link in the Google results.

The blogger seems to be a decent guy, not exactly slamming AmeriPlan because he seems like more of an Internet person than a phone person and said that it wasn't for him. But it wasn't the article that was interesting... but the commentary. There's a hell of a lot to read on that page itself, but there were some good points, including points from people of AmeriPlan that were going through the whole thing themselves.

Some excerpts:

One prominent member of the company has pointed out that she did most of her work on an online basis, spreading the word and advertising herself all over cyberspace to let people know about the discount health plans that AmeriPlan offers and the opportunity to work from home. Apparently she's been doing this for quite a while, because she's pretty successful with this tactic. Obviously, I'm doing my recruitment as well as my "sales" in the same fashion and approach.

A skeptic pointed out that the BBB apparently has an F grade for AmeriPlan. However, this same experienced person pointed out that AmeriPlan is part of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which only allows members that have no legal blemishes on their records. She explains this whole thing better with the history behind the F grade:

About a year and a half ago Ameriplan began leasing a medical provider PPO network called Beech Street. Unfortunately, Beech Street (In the state of Montana) had some issues. Ameriplan quickly resolved them.

The BBB subsequently suspended our status. The BBB is not allowed (by their OWN doctrine) to suspend any company unless that company has an open legal action against them (we did not).

Ameriplans legal team began the process of a lawsuit for wrongful suspension. When the BBB received the legal paperwork from us they revoked our membership.

This is a long process as Im sure we all know.

What most people dont understand is that the BBB may be a resource to check, its not really reliable either. They do not investigate companies; companies actually purchase a membership! For hundreds of dollars I know this for a fact, because when I owned my computer business, they were constantly calling me trying to get me to become a member. In talking to them each time, I learned that no, they do not investigate companies the companies purchase the membership and are then allowed to put the BBB logo on their advertising materials.

Every company has complaints against them every single one, including Microsoft! And you know what? A good majority of the complaints about companies are from ex-employees who were terminated! Ive also learned through my own research about various companies that its not how many complaints a company has its how the company HANDLES those complaints.

Ameriplan is also a member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and has been for many, many years did you know that a company cannot be a member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce if they have any legal disputes against them? Just ONE legal dispute will abolish a companys membership with them!

To help you with your research, here are a couple of reports done last fall on Ameriplan:

http://federalreviews.com/Ameriplan_Scam.html/

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/-AmeriPlan-AmeriPlanUSA/Plano-Texas-75024/Ameriplan-ripoff-Plano-Texas-Nationwide-Plano-Texas-268567

Also some of our provider base includes Walgreens, Walmart, Target, KMart, Dominicks, CVS Pharmacy, LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, J. C. Penneys and Sears to name a few. Im sure you know that companies this large would not affiliate themselves with a company that was not reputable.

And I dont know if you read Parents Magazine, but in May 2008 and just recently (I believe it was the January issue) they did an article on how to save money on healthcare Ameriplan was one of three companies recommended!

Although these tidbits of information didn't exactly sell me right away, it did take away a bit of doubt... and the concept makes sense, much like every other business concept that makes sense. I never really figured I'd try it until now... my circumstances compelling. ;)

About competition: there isn't really any competition, as far as I know. It probably depends on your "team," and the team that I'm part of is moreso focused on helping each other succeed instead of fighting each other, and the approach that they publish as their training aid promotes that you have people come to you and not the other way around. As I've mentioned, you don't have to be an aggressive salesperson. Heck, you could and be successful doing this, or you can do it passively and let people who are genuinely interested in the plans or opportunity to work from home. I personally am not a salesperson, and I don't like pushing people or trying to coerce them into something they don't want or need. (Putting myself in those shoes and having been placed in that situation only gets people frustrated, pressured, and possibly drives people away... or ropes them in, if you have a sweet tongue and a way with sales. :D ) Out of curiosity too, I searched my area for people in my city and even my state for AmeriPlan IBOs... and for some reason, both searches came up empty, which says one of a few things: either the search is broken, or there are really NO other IBOs in New Hampshire other than me. Wouldn't be surprised, though... I've never heard of AmeriPlan until this opportunity popped up. Then again, some people still think New England is a state. :P

I'm not sure how hard it would be for local competition, but I would think that as long as you have the drive to post flyers, talk to people, hand out business cards, etc, that you will be successful in your area no matter how many IBOs are in your state or region. I've never met anyone online that was an IBO, and I've never been approached for a discount plan, so nation-wide, the opportunity may be good, too. And that's why I'm here, posting about this opportunity and posting about the discount health plans to let Xisto peruse them and choose whether they want to do this sort of thing with me or not. :P

Also, another point to consider: If you are interested in both working from home and having the discount plan, you COULD literally work for the plans, since the payments would be taken out of your earnings, essentially. However, when you sign up to work from home, the $50 per month fee also includes the Dental Plus plan (described in my thread here) and a discount "Freedom" pass that gives you discounts on day-to-day things that you can use to save money on automotive costs, eating out at restaurants, clothes, and other things. Take a look at the website, or just click here for the calculator to see how much you COULD save with a Freedom Pass.

So, really, for $50 per month, it may seem steep initially, but with the Dental Plan provided (which is normally $14.95/mo) and this Freedom Pass that can save you money, you can potentially make back the money you spent on that monthly fee plus more.

I agree with Inverse Bloom... for one, the up front money of $50 dollars raises my re-flag, as you call it and I still don't really get how this company works apart from reffering people. Where does their money come from? Are they trusted? Should I trust them?

Even if I trust you, I still don't trust them and it just all sounds too fishy for me. I AM interested in making money online, more prefferrably passive money because all the money that I'll earn will go to Xisto anyway and Xisto gives out the most out of all paying sites that actually pay you money for doing something...

And yeah...

But either way, I don't think that I will be in this thing that you offer, because well... it's just too much of an upfront payment AND I'm not allowed to pay any upfront payment anyway, even if it is legitimate or anything just to get me started. I will have to start with nothing, and I HAVE nothing... so yeah... I can't do this, sorry, but if you have any other jobs available or anything, feel free to call me and send me a PM or whatever and I'll see if it's suitable and if I'll take the job.

The company works like this, simply put:

AmeriPlan sells discount plans for health, dental, ID theft, and automotive, and soon they will be offering veterinarian services and others as well. Each plan is a monthly subscription between $14.95 and $59.95 a month, and plans are also stackable, meaning that you can combine plans to create your own discount plan to fit your lifestyle and save as much as you can. Also, AmeriPlan has its subscription fees to be an IBO, which is a straight $50 per month. There are also one-time non-refundable registration fees for discount plans, typically $30 per plan except for the Dental Plus plan, which is $20. All this, and factor in all the customers they have, and you have a decent sizable capital. The company has been around for 17 years (since 1992) so I don't think they're doing too badly. ;)

But with all this money come expenses. I'm sure that AmeriPlan has to pay providers money for the discounts that members save FROM the providers... which I'm sure are fixed rates paid out whether customers utilize the discount plans at their businesses or not. That way, businesses and providers actually have the incentive of becoming part of the network. I have no idea what AmeriPlan pays out to providers... that's something someone in the business sector that is part of the AmeriPlan network would have to tell us.

The IBO part of the company is on a per-individual basis where the "employees" make money on commissions and future-generation sales. For every sale that an IBO makes, he or she makes 30% of the price tag on that sale. He or she also earns a smaller percentage for every IBO he or she recruits under her wing AND an even smaller percentage for IBOs recruited by those IBOs... all in multi-marketing fashion. This still leaves a sizable amount of sales profit to fund AmeriPlan's capital, even after paying all of those IBOs. But remember, every IBO is trying to sell discount plans, so they essentially have employees working for them or at least spreading the word.

That, in a nutshell, is how the company works.

Now, for your trust, you're going to have to do your own research to draw that personal conclusion. I've already provided links, facts, and concepts to let you know and choose whether this company is trustworthy or not. With the added facts of being around for 12 years and that they are part of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which means that they have NEVER had a legal dispute, I think you're safe there. :P

Like I said before, it doesn't hurt to be a skeptic. Hell, I was a skeptic about this too. But the concept works, and the history is there. Really, you have to spend money, time, and effort to make money... there really isn't a way to just sit on your butt at home and hope that money comes your way. You could do something like this or you could also make a site on Xisto for "free," but you still end up spending your time and effort in making posts here, then spending time and effort making your website, then try to make money by putting up advertisements that LEAD people AWAY from your website and/or offer your services, and now you have the added problems of trying to find a way to make yourself prominent for free... I'm sure it's been done, but I think that things would be much easier if you actually bought some business cards, put up some flyers, purchase SEO services to make sure that you are being seen most prominently out of the million other folks trying to do the same thing you're doing for free... you see where I'm going with this?

I don't know how old you are, but there are a few people on Xisto that are younger than 16-18 and I can understand that they can't exactly afford a monthly bill of $50 a month. Some of us got an allowance, and some of us worked for our cash. It can be hard, but anyone can do this, really. (I'm sure a heck of a lot of IBOs are stay-at-home moms... or at least that's the trend that my team has. :P ) But in the world of business, you have to spend something to make something. It's the unfortunate reality of how things work nowadays.

I also would not sign up for this if you don't have the drive and be committed to something like this, because you would literally be signing up for a discount dental plan and a discount "Freedom" plan and be forking $50 a month for it... which you could possibly find a better deal somewhere else. But if you put some time and some effort into it, you will earn something out of it.

I think at the beginning they should work in the real company.And with some days(maybe it will be a long time),when the workers know well with their work and company,they could transfer their work to home.

I think at the beginning they should work in the real company.And with some days(maybe it will be a long time),when the workers know well with their work and company,they could transfer their work to home.

Trying to figure out what you mean there, shova... I just came from reading your forum suggestion thread. ;)

The thing with working at home with this company is that it IS the main drive behind how the company works. There is a corporate building somewhere housing daily employees to help with administrative taskings, plus there are probably call centers for customer service and support for inquiries about the discount plans themselves, but this work-from-home opportunity is a nation-wide opportunity, open to anyone that wants to work for commissions and MLM-style earnings.

just to give razor some credibility, i have studied and disected many making money online and at home opportunities since the www came to be in the 90's. ameriplan is one of the few discounted health plans still running today. a lot of them failed. ameriplan has not. ameriplan has been in business for over 15 years.i haven't read the website in a long time but i believe the $50 goes to your own discounted dental plan as well as your home business opportunity. i may be wrong. i am sorry if i am.i wish you luck razor. you have what it takes

just to give razor some credibility, i have studied and disected many making money online and at home opportunities since the www came to be in the 90's. ameriplan is one of the few discounted health plans still running today. a lot of them failed. ameriplan has not. ameriplan has been in business for over 15 years.
i haven't read the website in a long time but i believe the $50 goes to your own discounted dental plan as well as your home business opportunity. i may be wrong. i am sorry if i am.

i wish you luck razor. you have what it takes

Thanks Anwii. And you're right: the $50 does go to an included discount dental plan as well as a Freedom Pass, which offers discounts on the ordinary things that we could save some money on, like buying clothes, automotive maintenance costs, going out to eat, and other things.

I'm actually glad to see that people are skeptical first and believing later when there are facts displayed to back up what I have to say. It shows that a smarter audience is present here at Xisto. :P (Although I would be glad all the same if anyone was interested and if I could recruit anyone myself. ;) )

the idea behind these opportunities is to HELP...not recruit. it's a team thing and the team has it's own dowline. i have to disagree with one thing though. dental plans(which ameriplan started originally distributing) do have a lot of competition. where others have failed, ameriplan picked up their pieces. ameriplan is also not the cheapest either. you are also dealing with 17 years of people joining....so yes....there is competition. ameriplan has stabled out if not declining little by little now. but still VERY worth while for the extra thousand dollars a month people can make part time after they build their business. i think i will stroll over and take a peek at the program. i haven't looked at it in 6 years.

anyone with common sense knows that being in any business for over a year has made it to the top 10% of all businesses. making it to 10 years has worked it's way to the top 5%. my figures could be a little off. ameriplan has been in business for over 15. so anyone with doubts, let's stop doubting the credibility because the history speaks for itself...'nuff said

(Although I would be glad all the same if anyone was interested and if I could recruit anyone myself. ;) )

Please don't get me wrong those questions i were raising before were intended to clarify and help, I'm not against the idea at all. Just a friendly reminder Rayzoredge try to avoid taking aboard "stragglers" much like anwii mentioned (I'm sure your fully aware). I think you have got the right stuff for it also.

Just wanted to let people know that there's a chance to jump on board with the Premier IBO program, which is rather exciting compared to the Basic considering that there is potential for weekly front-end bonus Flex checks, not to mention automatic enrollment into every discount program and service that AmeriPlan offers.PM me for more information. :lol: