xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

Psionics Introduction For Beginners I thought I would put a psionic introduction here

What is psi? Where is psi? Is it a psiball? Can it protect me from physical attacks? How do I program? Was it programmed right? How do I scan? Etc. As funny as these may sound to some of the more experienced psions, these questions are regularly asked. Many a time I have looked at the shout-box only to see a plague of question?s that really needn?t be asked. Due to this I have written this article to give newbies a decent understanding of psi as an energy, and psionics on a whole, and the skill relating to it. Psi is a form of energy. There are many types of energy, core, soul, and chi, to name a few. Core is similar to psi but is more affective but harder to use, soul is powerful but not recommended for use because it can cause problems when messed with and chi is life energy witch is also important to your functioning. There is a theory that all energies are the same one, but for the sake of sanity this article will assume there are different types. Different types of energy have different attributes. Some types explode on contact, and others suck other energies in. The energies that are used for general manipulation have two main attributes, effectiveness (how well it works) and workability (how easy it is to use). Psi is very easy to work with and fairly effective. Psi will feel different to different people some feel it as warmth; while to others it feels cold. Some feel a magnetic repulsion, while others feel an attraction. All in all only you can really know what it feels like. The best way to feel psi is to get someone to send you a chunk to feel. There are many ideas and theories on why humans can manipulate psi. There is no fixed theory. The best thing to do is come up with you own. It is much harder to affect things physically than it is to affect things energetically. For example you can?t expect to blow a hole through a wall, just because the amount of energy it would take is enormous. So try to keep it energetic. Some people find physical things easier than others so don?t be put of if you didn?t manage to say, warm someone up the first time. Energetically you can do much more, like create pet?s, attack others, heal people (both energetically and physically), and so on. Also psi can?t protect you from physical attacks, though it can be used in conjunction with telepathic suggestion (TPS) to deter people from attacking you. Your energy body is what enables you to do psionics, your energy body is also what allows you to be affected by it. Although its existence it not uniformly agreed by all psions, I will for the sake of argument say it dose. . Your energy body is similar to your real one, but instead of flesh it has a mixture of psi/chi, its veins carry energy around the body. Instead of organs it has areas of different types of energy. Unlike your real body even if it is ripped out it will regenerate over a few days. Learning to scan is paramount to success in psionics. Scanning is where you sense psi with your mind, its not hard to do and can be done with relatively little practice. Once you can sense you can scan. There are many forms of scanning such as emphatic, I would advise you to put learning to scan as one of your top priorities, it is essential to psionic success. Many pisons have been hindered because they cant tell if they have made a construct or not. A construct is energy manipulated into a shape, and then programmed. Constructs can be programmed to do most of the things I have mentioned earlier and much more. For learning the basics of programming go hereOnce you can make a self-aware psi-pet you can really get onto serious programming. Combat, possibly my favourite part of psionic?s. Sparing is your general friendly combat, just until shields are down. Then there are serious fights where one will attempt to destroy their opponents? energy body. A shield is what protects you from attack, the better the shield the longer you will survive. Attack?s are just constructs programmed to destroy an energy body; I will not give you any attacks seeing as the best attacks always come from home. Also you must remember that even sparing is dangerous, and should not be attempted unless you a sufficiently experienced, and its always best to have a more experienced psion near by in-case things get messy and to check your defences, just in-case they are not up to scratch.

Um... I'm completely lost. I read this whole post and I don't have a clue what it's even about. Psiballs? Creating pets? Attacking people? What is this, Yuri's Revenge? Is this real life stuff? Proof of manipulating Psi? Who manipulates Psi? I thought this stuff only existed in video games. Please, enlighten me! It introduced me to the subject alright, but I'm more confused now than before! My reaction is really just a big "Huh?"