xisto Community
willmark

Newbie With Great Knowledge

That's what I think too... I mean, how many members do you find introducing themselves as a "criminal" and giving us tips on how to be one? Now many, I think... maybe it's just you.
Introductory posts are used to tell the community that you've just joined them and has just arrived and needs help in whatever this community is all about (or not, if you are a pro). IT is also used for first impressions of you from the community, and if you know what the general society thinks about criminals, then you would (or should) know what WE in general will think about criminals too...

And you've just succeeded wonderfully without fail to give us a negative impression... with that criminal post of yours. ;)

First impressions are important, as everyone's going to judge you for how you present yourself. However, aside from the horrible English typos, misspellings, and grammar, Willmark has contributed more to this thread than most new members contribute to the whole forum. I don't need to point any fingers... they make themselves prominent by flooding the board with one-liners that make no sense or have no value.

If Willmark throws out some lesson plans on how to be a criminal, then yes, I stand where you guys are. However, if Willmark is able to display his knowledge and experience so that we can learn from his mistakes, take it in as we will, and make something of it, I am going to have to say that a lot of people are going to miss out on the stuff that he could share with us just because they're going to "shun the criminal."

Depending on what criminal activity you partake in, you'd be amazed to find a lot of education and hidden talent that most people go to school for, like economics (supply and demand), psychology, political science, and what-have-you. Think about it in that sense... like in the sense that although a stay-at-home mom may not be employed, but she does the job of a cook, a custodian, a psychologist, a counselor, a therapist, etc... like in the sense that a member of the armed forces can share his or her experience and wisdom in military science, tactics, leadership, psychology and sociology, management, business skills, administrative and clerical tasks, etc... are people catching my drift here?

He also did not mention what he did, but he did mention that he did not hurt anyone in the process. This reminds me of the convict episode of The Office where everyone was wondering what the guy did time in jail for... and it was as "mundane" of a crime as manipulating stocks. Was the guy bad? Probably. Did he think outside of the box? Definitely. Did he do it illegally? Obviously. Could he share something about economic elasticity, teach something about how the market behaves, show people the many options of investing and how to benefit from that information? Hrm...

Obviously, I'm playing devil's advocate here, but for good reason. Everyone loves to jump on the bandwagon... I like to view things from both sides.

And you've just succeeded wonderfully without fail to give us a negative impression... with that criminal post of yours. smile.gif

I dont think "ex-criminal" has to be a bad impression. if someone admits what they did was wrong and changes their ways, no they havent undome what they did, but they've done the next best thing!

Why not learn from someone elses mistakes?

I think its good that willmark is able to admit to being wrong and try to help people to learn while trying to gain knowledge.

First impressions are important, as everyone's going to judge you for how you present yourself. However, aside from the horrible English typos, misspellings, and grammar, Willmark has contributed more to this thread than most new members contribute to the whole forum. I don't need to point any fingers... they make themselves prominent by flooding the board with one-liners that make no sense or have no value.
If Willmark throws out some lesson plans on how to be a criminal, then yes, I stand where you guys are. However, if Willmark is able to display his knowledge and experience so that we can learn from his mistakes, take it in as we will, and make something of it, I am going to have to say that a lot of people are going to miss out on the stuff that he could share with us just because they're going to "shun the criminal."

Depending on what criminal activity you partake in, you'd be amazed to find a lot of education and hidden talent that most people go to school for, like economics (supply and demand), psychology, political science, and what-have-you. Think about it in that sense... like in the sense that although a stay-at-home mom may not be employed, but she does the job of a cook, a custodian, a psychologist, a counselor, a therapist, etc... like in the sense that a member of the armed forces can share his or her experience and wisdom in military science, tactics, leadership, psychology and sociology, management, business skills, administrative and clerical tasks, etc... are people catching my drift here?

He also did not mention what he did, but he did mention that he did not hurt anyone in the process. This reminds me of the convict episode of The Office where everyone was wondering what the guy did time in jail for... and it was as "mundane" of a crime as manipulating stocks. Was the guy bad? Probably. Did he think outside of the box? Definitely. Did he do it illegally? Obviously. Could he share something about economic elasticity, teach something about how the market behaves, show people the many options of investing and how to benefit from that information? Hrm...

Obviously, I'm playing devil's advocate here, but for good reason. Everyone loves to jump on the bandwagon... I like to view things from both sides.

theft, driving without a licence, burglary of retail premises, handling stolen goods, and fraud. this is what i have been locked up for a total of 15 times.I was last released in 2000 and not been back since. Im not bragging or looking for excuses as to why i have been an fool but if you are interested why it all went wrong for me then ask me and i will answer as i dont want people feeling that i am just here to give a load of B.S.
Edited by willmark (see edit history)

theft, driving without a licence, burglary of retail premises, handling stolen goods, and fraud. this is what i have been locked up for a total of 15 times.I was last released in 2000 and not been back since. Im not bragging or looking for excuses as to why i have been an fool but if you are interested why it all went wrong for me then ask me and i will answer as i dont want people feeling that i am just here to give a load of B.S.

Well, I must say that this solves the problem, doesn't it?
While I agree with rayzoredge, I must say that willmark's list of crimes that he has done proves that he is a "bad guy" in the sense that he has broken the law for obvious illegal reasons and all that stuff....

And willmark, we never said that you were "B.S"-ing... I actually think that you really do contribute to this forum a lot...it's just that your introductory post is really, really weird and different from any other introductory posts, if you know what I mean... and since it's about crime and stuff, it just creates a negative first impression on you as an individual, though I can see that you are proving my first impressions wrong (and hopefully other members too) with your quality posts and all that... so you are actually quite welcomed in this forum.

Also, I'm sure that someone that sounds as nice as you must have a reason in doing all these things, so if you would like to share it out I wouldn't mind, and I think neither would the other forum members will too...

I just can't figure out why you would write yourself as a criminal in your first introductory post though. If you didn't do that and just gave us a normal introductory post like many of the other members do, I'm sure that no one would have known about you being a criminal and you with your criminal activities, and this whole thread won't be here like this in the first place...

But then, you can't really change time, just like the fact that you can't take something back once you've spoken it out, so I don't think that you can change (or want to anyway...) your first post and all your other ones in this thread because we other members will still have our replies left untouched...

Well, I must say that this solves the problem, doesn't it?While I agree with rayzoredge, I must say that willmark's list of crimes that he has done proves that he is a "bad guy" in the sense that he has broken the law for obvious illegal reasons and all that stuff....

And willmark, we never said that you were "B.S"-ing... I actually think that you really do contribute to this forum a lot...it's just that your introductory post is really, really weird and different from any other introductory posts, if you know what I mean... and since it's about crime and stuff, it just creates a negative first impression on you as an individual, though I can see that you are proving my first impressions wrong (and hopefully other members too) with your quality posts and all that... so you are actually quite welcomed in this forum.

Also, I'm sure that someone that sounds as nice as you must have a reason in doing all these things, so if you would like to share it out I wouldn't mind, and I think neither would the other forum members will too...

I just can't figure out why you would write yourself as a criminal in your first introductory post though. If you didn't do that and just gave us a normal introductory post like many of the other members do, I'm sure that no one would have known about you being a criminal and you with your criminal activities, and this whole thread won't be here like this in the first place...

But then, you can't really change time, just like the fact that you can't take something back once you've spoken it out, so I don't think that you can change (or want to anyway...) your first post and all your other ones in this thread because we other members will still have our replies left untouched...

"it's just that your introductory post is really, really weird and different from any other introductory posts, if you know what I mean.."
THATS why i done it that way

Notice from rvalkass:

Quote tags added.

How about we let willmark make his way out of the introduction section and into the other sections. This thread has become more of an argument than a welcome to a new member. I don't think anything good can come from continuing any discussion here. Of course, I'm no supreme moderator, continue the discussion if you all choose to, but I really think everyone should just forget about this thread now and forget all this criminal stuff.. introductory posts usually have a short life span anyway ;)

Yeah, I agree... this should really be in the debates section, not the introductory section, but if you think of it in a different way, the introduction that willmark gave us actually worked!!! By now, I assume, nearly everyone, if not everyone has known that a new member, also known as willmark, is now officially has joined and is in our forums!!!So it has worked on a positive note and side of people's point of view...I DO think that we all agree on one thing... while willmark's introductory post when he introduce himself on the forums was weird and rather negative (just because it was about crimes and things that are illegal like that), he has proven himself worthy on the Xisto with his contributions and quality posts, AND I think that he is changing his ways, because he is now, if you have noticed, posting lots of threads about protecting yourself and yourself credit card numbers and your PINs and things like that, so if you would like to learn more security tips and how to protect yourself from criminals like willmark, willmark is the man!!!I'm sorry if it sounds confusing, but if you have read the book Fahrenheit 451, you will know... after all..."If you want to find a book, you have to learn how to hide one first!!!"(Or something like, that, I really have forgotten the quote from the book, it's been ages since I read it....)