xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Watermonkey

"swine Flu" Vaccine Will you line up and get yours? (Poll)

Who here is going to get pricked?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought I'd put this poll out there now, right before WHO takes over and mandates the population get inoculated from the H1N1 virus to gage the attitude here at the Trap. Just so I don't pollute the results with my own reasoned decision, I'll refrain from commenting or answering the poll for now. Not that I think my opinion is that highly respected here, but you never know. I'm wondering what the attitudes are like in countries other than the USA in particular. The sheeple will line up around the block to get the vaccine here, I'm afraid.

I don't watch T.V., but are they seriously still talking about the swine flu? I personally avoid any form of injection. Even if they make it mandatory by law and i caught word of it, i wouldn't let myself be injected with any vaccine. I'm pretty sure i'd be better off without it.

Im in the UK and pretty much unafraid of swine flu.I know people who have had it. They live fairly close to me. It doesnt bother me. Its not much different (and no more dangerous than) ordinary flu.I am physically fit, and have a good diet - I see no reason to panic.If the government start rolling out vaccines they will give the vaccines first to the areas which need it most (that certainly wont be where I am) I dont think there is much of a chance of them imunising the population of the UK with a dangerous vaccine - there are riggorous tests carried out! Of course its still possible. But, im moronic enough to say that if everyones being vaccinated, we're all in the same boat. Why not?

But, im moronic enough to say that if everyones being vaccinated, we're all in the same boat. Why not?

Well, if "everyone" was getting a frontal lobotomy, we'd all be in the same boat, too, right? Well, except for those few "elite" who exempt themselves from getting the miraculous procedure. Let's say that all the media propaganda and the medical doctors were telling everyone that this new procedure could save us all from getting sick again and it'd have the side benefit of curing all mental illnesses. If you don't get the lobotomy (we won't call it that, though, we'll call it the "brain straightening" therapy or something benign sounding so as not to alarm the populace), you'll be chastised, your kid will be made fun of at school, your church leadership will denounce you as a heretic and you'll be the laughing stock. Would you get the procedure done then? What if there were studies published supporting the supposed benefits of the procedure and claimed it'd add 50 quality years to your life? At what point would you get a lobotomy? When you'd be in with the masses, in the same boat as everyone else? Sounds like the classical definition of a "Lemming" to me.

Oh, I just noticed you asked "why not?". Because it's the wrong thing to do and if millions of people do it, it's still the wrong thing to do. You just need the courage and spinal fortitude to say "no" when someone tells you to do the wrong thing.

no for me. i can't vote because there wasn't a simple answer like that.if worse came to worse and there was a quarantine, i would probably risk the shot so i could get on with my life asap. i don't think there would be any cause to defend my life against any shot.but if worse came to worse, it would just all depened on how they are allowing us our own choices and how they go about enforcing their regulations.