xisto Community
GROUP.COLLECTIONS

Just One More Guy

Hello...I'm starting here with an alert... English is not my born language so I can make some mistakes in grammar, so please forgive in advace.I'm from Portugal (some may say it's a beautifull country, but a great deal of portugueses says "not for living for sure"), and I'm interested mainly in design and photography.My family is big (for this awfull days). Here at home is me, my lovely wife and 6 beautifull children. And we have also a dog and 2 cats, and I almost forgot an hamster who gave birth few days ago.Well, I think I gave you quite a surprising picture about me.Professionaly I just by and sell electronic stuff (I'm not making marketing ;) ).Buy mostly from China and sell on eBay and somee others auctions sites as well as in my own web site ( I'm trying to build one ).For closing I just want to welcome and be welcome in this forum.Bye (for now)P.S. - My real name is...(I don't know if I could say it here so, I rather be with my mouth shut)

And welcome to the Xisto. The Hosting is better than many paid Hosts, by the way. I'm certain that you won't be disappointed.Your English is very good for a second language. You do not need to apologize. We have seen a whole lot worse than your posting. ;)What sort of stuff do you sell on Ebay? Electronic goods, but what exactly do you sell?That's a pretty large family, especially with the Hamster...

Hi jlhaslip,

Thanks for your reply and for your kind words.

I welcome to any corrections you'd like to made about my mispelled words. That'll be a way to learn.

About your question my main eBay business are the cell phones, accessories, PDAs, Mp3, Mp4 and Mp5 Players, digital cameras and so. But I'm always open to new business and new products.

Yeah, my daugher's Hamster was a great surprise since I bought a female few weeks ago, she came pregnant and no one knew.

Thanks once again ;)

Hi there GC and welcome to the forums. I too think your English isn't all that bad. And anyway, by using it constantly, you'll get better and better. English was the third language I learned and after some practice I have become very comfortable with it ;) And as jlhaslip pointed out, there are a lot of people like you here whose English is much weaker. Besides, over here it's not grammar or syntax that matters. What matters is the quality of the content in the posts you make. So pay close attention to that...

Your profession seems really interesting and so does your family. You sure have a colourful life :P I hope your business is doing fine on eBay. I never personally trusted that place or any other internet marketplace either. I try to avoid online transactions as far as possible. Of course not all may have this opinion so if it works for you then it's wonderful :P

Ok so now that you're here on Xisto, you will find that there are a lot of places to post in and a lot of members to meet. You'll fit in nicely within a few days so no worries about that. But make sure that you follow the rules properly or you might get a warning. The crux of the forums are the myCENTs, which will get you your domain/hosting package once you have enough of them. If your posts are long and good then you'll get a lot of myCENTs. So remember that it's not important how many posts you make, but how good they are. You may have 1000 posts and still get only 20 cents on an average if they are too short. Or you may have just 250 posts and can still make $5 on an average if they're good. So try to make your posts as meaningful as possible.

The following threads are very important and I suggest that you read them right away:

Readme!
Credit System (myCENTs)

Your myCENTs will start showing once you have made 5 posts. They will not appear immediately - just be a little patient and they will come! I think the myCENTs for all members are updated every 4-5 hours. Keep that in mind in order to avoid confusion....

Well I hope to see you around at the forums. Have a nice time :P

'ello Group.Collection,(Nice name, by the way)Glad to see that you've have joined us, out of the many hosting sites in the world!!! Well, I can see that kasperooney has already got you started.(Argh!!! Why do I always miss out on the new introductions???)But just to remind you again, you cannot host a website without myCENTS under your name, and do you that, you have to go to Xisto's Support and Billing Centre to get started. Just sign up with the same email as what you did for here, and in a few hours time when the order gets processed, start posting!!!You can see how much you earn with a "Earned:" under your name, or you can just go the the Billing and Support Centre to check. Every 100 myCENTS that you earn by posting (post big and long, but no spam!) will give you 1 US Dollar, and you get get hosted with 2 dollars!!! I usually make that much in a DAY, do you won't even have to post that much at all...Good luck on YOUR own path to website making!!!

Hello Group.CollectionI just thought I would say, attempting to speak English is a lot better than typing LOOLZ WHASSUP MA HOMEY G!!!1!!!!1!!!!! I AM A 1337 HAXXORZ!!!!!!111!111!!Trust me, you see enough of those around on any forum.