xisto Community
FruitRocks

Trap17 Ad Or Answers.com Ad Has A Virus :confused:

Lookie what Kaspersky 6.0 picked up in the link (don't click it obviously unless you are sure it isn't).

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

the virus name:

HEUR:Exploit.Script.Generic

I got this by the annoying ad when you double-click a certain word here and then the answers.com ad pops up. so is this a antivirus problem or is it really a trojan? it happens every time that ad pops up.

the virus name:
HEUR:Exploit.Script.Generic

That name does not suggest a virus, but that one of its tools for detecting scripts doesn't like the script that loads the little Answers.com popup thing when you double click words. It hasn't found a named or recognised virus (or, indeed, any specific problem, hence "generic"). Has it only recently started doing this, and have you recently updated your anti-virus software or virus definitions?

Isn't that what it's meant to do? I mean, give to a answers.com thing whenever you double click a word? It's everywhere... so I don't think it's a virus. If you look at the ad on the left hand side corner of the post box when you post under the "Add reply" think you will be able to see an Answer Tips ad where it says if you double click a work you will get the definition of it or something.It's actually a very good way to advertise, in my opinion. Do you think I can add that to my site? I mean, you can't see any adds, only when you double click them. But people rarely do that, and when they do it's an easy way to earn revenue. I wonder if that's how Xisto keeps up it's hosting and all that. ;)

I use to use AdBlocker for Firefox but I now dont, For obvious reasons, I now use:Adblocker:Right-click on a banner and choose "Adblock" from the context menu - the banner won't be downloaded again. Maybe even replace parts of the banner address with star symbols to block similar banners as well. Or you select a filter subscription when Adblock Plus starts up the first time, then even this simple task will usually be unnecessary: the filter subscription will block most advertisements fully automatically.