xisto Community
The Simpleton

I Acquired A Lot Of Mycents But They're Not Mine!

I really don't know how all this really happened! I recently introduced my brother to the Xisto forums. He registered just yesterdaty. He has a good grip on spirituality and was going to post there today. But I don't know how - my session (as 'kasperooney') was still active even though I remember pressing 'log out'. So guess what happened? The posts that he wrote with great effort came under my account and I got a hefty amount of myCENTs for that! I am hardly active in the spirituality section and it was kind of amusing to read one member's post appreciating my brother's views but thinking that I wrote all that....I remember reading somewhere that myCENTs are not transferrable. But is it possible to make an exception in this case? Btw, I'm not making this all up!

I really don't know how all this really happened! I recently introduced my brother to the Xisto forums. He registered just yesterdaty. He has a good grip on spirituality and was going to post there today. But I don't know how - my session (as 'kasperooney') was still active even though I remember pressing 'log out'. So guess what happened? The posts that he wrote with great effort came under my account and I got a hefty amount of myCENTs for that! I am hardly active in the spirituality section and it was kind of amusing to read one member's post appreciating my brother's views but thinking that I wrote all that....
I remember reading somewhere that myCENTs are not transferrable. But is it possible to make an exception in this case? Btw, I'm not making this all up!

Hello kasperooney and thank-you for your question.

At the moment myCENT can not be transferable in your case. Other people will say learn from your mistakes!
Many-thanks, Hopefully that helped.

myCENTs are not transferable—this was a decision made from the beginning. But even if they were, your brother copied and pasted most of what he wrote for your account, therefore not deserving any myCENTs that would have come from those articles. It would be wise to have your brother familiarize himself with the rules.

wow I seem to be getting one bad news after another. Just now I noticed that on top of getting negative myCENTs, I have received a warning too ;) I think I can't ask for it to be removed coz the mod who gave the warning (wouldn't like to disclose the name) may not believe what I've said is true, but please know this: I have been in this forum for over two months and have never got a single warning and never a complaint of copying posts. That's because I follow the rules and try to make quality posts at all times. What happened yesterday was just a lapse of attention on my part by not logging out, and my brother, new to the forum (and even new to the forum system in general), obviously didn't drink in all the rules and went on with his posting. I've understood now that the only way to get out of negative myCENTs is to repay the cents that were credited to my xisto account, so I'll stay quiet about that now. What I'm requesting is, if there is a teeny, tiny chance of removing that warning, please do so. I've been punished for no mistake of mine and it hurts!!! I'll leave the decision to the mods.......

Edited by kasperooney (see edit history)

I have been in this forum for over two months and have never got a single warning and never a complaint of copying posts. That's because I follow the rules and try to make quality posts at all times. What happened yesterday was just a lapse of attention on my part by not logging out, and my brother, new to the forum (and even new to the forum system in general), obviously didn't drink in all the rules and went on with his posting.

When I first saw all the copied posts on your account I was a little baffled - you've followed all the rules up to this point. If your brother was disobeying the rules then he should really have done it on his own account, not yours. The moral of the story is that if you want to keep your account secure - log out when you're done, and make sure you're logged out! Also if you share the computer, don't store passwords in your browser or anything.

I've understood now that the only way to get out of negative myCENTs is to repay the cents that were credited to my xisto account, so I'll stay quiet about that now. What I'm requesting is, if there is a teeny, tiny chance of removing that warning, please do so. I've been punished for no mistake of mine and it hurts!!! I'll leave the decision to the mods.......

Keep following the rules, and don't let your brother anywhere near your account, and the warning should get removed soon.

Thanks for the suggestions rvalkass. I've never used the log out option till now because I simply clear all cookies at the end of the day. But on the one day I forgot to do that all this happened. Oh well, what has happened has happened. I'll do my best to ensure that such a thing doesn't happen again. Just one last doubt though - will the warning get deleted automatically or does it have to be done manually by a mod (after monitoring my account of course)?

Just one last doubt though - will the warning get deleted automatically or does it have to be done manually by a mod (after monitoring my account of course)?

It has to be removed by a moderator or admin.

Whoo-hoo I'm finally back into the positives ;) Those were a scary three days - really. I'll do my best to make sure I don't go back into the negative zone again. Now all I have to do is to wait till I reach the level where my warning can be removed :P Till then I'm off to do some "quality" posting :P