xisto Community
Nameless_

Hosting Requesting?

Hi guys, It's Nameless_ here again.(For some reason I seem to be making more new threads than on other forum communities... must be the fact that this community is nicer than other ones, I suppose)I am now beginning to think about getting my website up and running, and getting it hosted (thanks to anwiii for the push). What I don't understand is, why do we have to request hosting if we can just buy the package of Xisto? I mean... people request free hosting all the time, most get rejected because they don't contribute enough to the forums... but lots of people also get accepted because they do...But why request? Is there something I missed? Like, if you request you get 50% off or something? I don't understand...I was thinking of just buying it off Xisto's Billing and Support Area, but I found the Hosting Request Forums and now I'm very confused...

Nameless, the Hosting Requests forums where used in the previous old version of the Credits System. We no longer use it I don't think. You don't need to worry about them forums. You can setup your hosting in your Xisto Account over at Xisto - Support. ;)

As -Sky- said, don't look at those forums, they don't even exist or matter for you (I guess they still exist because of not lowering the post count of the older members), you can get your hosting at Xisto - Support or to be more precise, at this link, just look at what you need and can pay with your previously alloted money and order it, it will be delivered to you for several hours in my experience... ;)

If you have any other doubts, you can always submit a ticket at the same url :P

Ooh... thanks.Yeah, I remember -Sky- just telling me to buy the package off Xisto, but I then found the hosting forums and got confused... It's a great and a much more better system than before, I think... I mean, you don't have to check the hosting requester's myCENTS and how much they earned, as well as everything...So it all works well.Well, thanks for the clarification!!! I appreciate your help!

i knew someone would get confused about those topics and threads eventually. order directly through xisto. order the cheapest plan for now since you can always upgrade later when you NEED to. in your shopping cart, there will be an option to pay with your mycents account. choose that option. for the cheapest plan, it's better to pay yearly which will only cost you less than $30. or you can choose the monthly rate of $1.99+9.99 for your domain=$12 your first month and $1.99 there after until your domain needs to be renewed in 12 months.(it's $1.60 per month average if you pay for a year at once).for you, i suggest doing the monthly rate and paying more....only because it will be a motivation for you to get started and not wasting the monthly payment. if you pay for a whole year, you can make excuses that you have the time to do it and will procrastinate more.gl bud

Also keep in mind that it may be a couple days until your hosting is fully activated. They have to check your account to ensure you are not spamming the forums or anything.

i knew someone would get confused about those topics and threads eventually. order directly through xisto. order the cheapest plan for now since you can always upgrade later when you NEED to. in your shopping cart, there will be an option to pay with your mycents account. choose that option. for the cheapest plan, it's better to pay yearly which will only cost you less than $30. or you can choose the monthly rate of $1.99+9.99 for your domain=$12 your first month and $1.99 there after until your domain needs to be renewed in 12 months.(it's $1.60 per month average if you pay for a year at once).
for you, i suggest doing the monthly rate and paying more....only because it will be a motivation for you to get started and not wasting the monthly payment. if you pay for a whole year, you can make excuses that you have the time to do it and will procrastinate more.

gl bud

Haha... a whole year to procrastinate... that's just so like me. (You read the Law of Attraction thread then)
Yeah, I suppose the monthly payment will be best when I first start, and I will keep posting and asking questions on my site and not lose motivation.
I might not get a .com domain first, however... I'll just go with the free .trap.com or .qubis.com ones first, and then change when I feel that my site is good enough to get a .com domain.

Sunday is coming fast... and I still need to do my school work and everything. Been procrastinating on it too, going on Xisto and all that. ;)

Also keep in mind that it may be a couple days until your hosting is fully activated. They have to check your account to ensure you are not spamming the forums or anything.

I suppose they have to do that. Wouldn't be nice if they were actually hosting a spammer and not someone that actually earned the money.

If you go with a subdomain first (such as the trap one), ensure you do not post your direct website link anywhere. Do it like I did my test one (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ takeover.com/aion). Always put a space there or something. Otherwise Google will index your subdomain first, and getting everything changed over to your new one is a huge hassle.Google hates duplicate information, and once your link is everywhere you either lose all those "backlinks" (which boost your popularity - aka page rank) or you stay with your subdomain.

If you go with a subdomain first (such as the trap one), ensure you do not post your direct website link anywhere. Do it like I did my test one (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ takeover.com/aion). Always put a space there or something. Otherwise Google will index your subdomain first, and getting everything changed over to your new one is a huge hassle.
Google hates duplicate information, and once your link is everywhere you either lose all those "backlinks" (which boost your popularity - aka page rank) or you stay with your subdomain.

Ah, yes... thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind. I don't have to do that for personal messages, do I though? I don't think Google will be able to track in there.

But should it be best if you post it everywhere, regardless of whether it is a domain or a subdomain? I mean... if you have a domain and not use a subdomain, but posted the subdomain on a forum (let's say Xisto), Google will find it, but it won't be able to link it to the subdomain because the actual site is not there! And people will get wondering, and people with IT and computing skills will know that it is a subdomain, and will try the real domain by testing and putting on (replacing) different extensions to what they think the real domain might be, getting you more traffic?

Or is my concept and understanding completely wrong?
(Anyhow, I'll be taking your advice, and I want to avoid as many hassles and problems as possible).