xisto Community
FruitRocks

Help! I Can't Upload To My Website!

Well I've waited about three days for my domain name to be propogated or whatever it's called. RoadRunner (my ISP) seems to not want to, because every time I try to connect with CoreFTP it says, "Requested Server name is valid, but no data of requested type was found." When I go to my website, it either says DNS error or gives me a list of suggested sites. What should I do?

Email support about it. It seems as if possibly your IP is banned from the server. It happens quite often due to using the wrong username/pass when trying to get into cpanel. Some find it annoying, others find it extremely good (it makes brute-forcing much, much harder as you would need a new IP every 5-10 tries).

Back in another topic of yours, i checked to see if anyone had asked if you already had a registered domain, since your current myCENT earnings cannot get you a domain name. Someone did ask, but no answer from you. From this i can only assume that you did not already own a domain. If that is the case, that would explain your problem. You're only supposed to enter a top-level domain (i.e. not a sub domain) if you already own a top-level domain. If that is not the case, you would have to check your DNS settings for your domain. You could probably access your site with the IP address of the server hosting your site, but i am not certain what that would be.

What domain name are you trying to use? If you let us know then we can try it and see if it is a problem with your computer and Internet connection, or a problem for everyone.

ask the server management or try using some of the dns services which are almost free and you can also try out changing your dns yourseldf(but its a tough job)all the best aand plz do tell me if u got how to do it

Email support about it. It seems as if possibly your IP is banned from the server. It happens quite often due to using the wrong username/pass when trying to get into cpanel. Some find it annoying, others find it extremely good (it makes brute-forcing much, much harder as you would need a new IP every 5-10 tries).

Exactly what happened to me. If you can't access your regular site either then you have definitely been banned by the server. I think it is better rather than harming. If you are blocked you can submit a ticket with support and be back in a day. In the mean time you can use another internet connection or use as proxy.

While I'm thinking about it, if your issue is in fact related to being IP banned, there are some things I've found that help alleviate the issue from recurring:1) Logging in and out of FTP very quick (due to disconnections/hiccups/etc.) seems to get you banned2) I think the admins said at one point that logging the admin account twice may do it (unsure)3) Using the wrong login multiple timesIf at any point you forget your login, go to the Xisto - Web Hosting site and log in. There you will find your services and the information such as your cpanel password (your main ftp and cpanel password are the same).