xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akashi

Im Client IM client which supports voice

I have y! messenger and gtalk account, and use pidgin as my IM client so that i don't need to have 2 IM client (ym and gtalk client) in my desktop.The problem is, pidgin doesn't support voice. I heard about empathy, an application similar to pidgin which you can use voice conversation with it. But it's only for linux.If there is any IM client which support ym and gtalk protocols and also support voice (and / or webcam), could you share it. I heard about imo (https://imo.im/
register) too, but i prefer a computer application than a web application.

I used trillian basic once. It did say that it supported voice chat, but I never had it worked for me. I'll try to change the settings again. Maybe it'll work this time. Meanwhile, I'll welcome if there are other options.

Why not try out Windows Live Messeger? Beside supporting Instant Messaging, you can also start voice calls or even video calls to your contacts for free. Besides talking with your fellow Windows Live Messenger contacts, you can also talk to those running Yahoo Messenger without having to install a different Instant Messaging client.

However, it seems like Trillian is still the best Instant Messaging client to support multiple different IM networks including Windows Live, Yahoo, AOL, Google and ICQ, although the Pro version is not free and does cost $25 for new users and $10 for uprading users. I have used in the best when I had been unable to install MSN Messeger (the old name of Windows Live Messenger) and had found it to have same if not more functions as other Instant Messaging clients.

Link: https://www.trillian.im/

Try uh Trillian astra, or one of the trillian programs. It seems to work fine with voice, although I myself have never gotten a chance to fully try the software, because I didn't like the interface, and the speed.I like pidgin because of how slim it is, and how quick it works, but I have to say the voice is a let down. For things like voice and video I tend to use only Skype.

I used Skype for Voice chat Computer to Computer . I can't call Landline and Mobile from it because it is expensive than other what I used for Internet calling. It has nice voice quality. I also used Yahoo Messenger for Voice chat with Big Video Camera size which is also good and MSN voice chat but It requires faster internet connection which I don't have. So Yahoo is first priority because most of people has it and skype is second one. But Windows Live and Gtalk is only optional. I never used Trillian because I can't buy it.