xisto Community
sofiaweb

Which Messenger Do You Use? Which messenger do you use?

What is the sign in process for MEebo? Does it allow you to sign in directly with your other accounts, or does it require a separate password and registration?

Hi!
I use Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and GoogleTalk. I've got friends distributed over all three so I use Meebo.com to access all of them from a single web messenger. I sometimes use the messenger integrated with GMail and Yahoo! Mail but, unfortunately, Hotmail doesn't have an integrated Windows Live Messenger yet leaving it tied to Meebo.

I rarely install the IM software though.

I've tried Trillian too and noticed its features only work with other Trillian users and it can't provide vendor-specific features, such as Audibles for Yahoo!

Pidgin has the buddy pounce feature that I used to annoy my buddies. It can send a message automatically on a particular trigger Eg. Buddy comes online, goes offline, or starts typing.

Regards

Hi!@hajjMeebo works both ways. Either you can sign up with Meebo to remember all your passwords, or you can sign into your messengers with your IM password without registering with Meebo first. It's quite flexible, but it only supports text-chat i.e. you can't use Meebo for voice or video conferencing.Either way, it's a pretty neat alternative to having to install all the IM messengers whenever I use a different computer.Regards,Nitin Reddy

At the moment I am using Kopete, with accounts set up for Jabber, YIM, AIM, ICQ and MSN. Surprisingly, I do actually use all of them ;) I don't really use any of the advanced features - I just use it to talk to people, which is all I need. I also have Skype set up, although that was mainly for when I didn't have a landline telephone.

I find that this program Kopete is very awkward to use. It has very good features although I find that using this becomes way to confusing. I found this thing called A-Patch for Windows Messenger on google, which gets rid of ads, give you no nudge limit and get rid of unwanted things in your MSN application. That is why I have decided that msn live messenger is the best to use. Easy, Simple, and customizable.

I use Windows Live Messenger on Windows and Microsoft Messenger on Mac as my main ones. I occasionally will use AIM and Skype but most of my friends use Windows Messenger. I'm not into using all the fancy features and really hate it when people use them. Although I do like to have an easy to use messenger.

I am using Windows Live Messenger. It's the default messenger, and i like it because of that. When i have not installed Windows Live Messenger i use Meebo.com, the best web based messenger. It supports all messaging networks AOL, MSN, Skype, Yahoo... Also it has very cool design for a web messenger.