xisto Community
SpiderVV

What Is Your Favourite Operative System? Most used only.

Operative Systems  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The poll says it all, what's your favourite OS and why?
Mine is Windows Vista and XP, I like both but for some laptops or old PC's, Vista's just a damn bottleneck even to new PC's, its aero effects occupy too much GFX Card VRAM and slows down the games. For XP, well it's old but I still like it, basic effects, no big deals in crashes (BSoD's instantly if a driver is bad) and it's easy to use, but not as hard as Vista btw. Also XP has more game compatibility atm, when Windows 7 is out, I will upgrade every PC at home. :)

my favourite operating system is : "windows xp"
its very user friendly and fast compared to all other operating systems.
its highly customizable.

Mac OS X is my favourite operating system. Although I must say after getting access through my MSDN subscription on August 6th for Windows 7 RTM I really like how it feels more responsive over previous Microsoft Operating Systems this could eventually be my favourite depending on what Mac OS X Snow Leopard is like when released.I have used Linux before which I really like but I feel that the lack of open source drives for some hardware, leaving me to use the windows driver, a real let down but you can't have it all your own way :)

My favorite OS was Windows XP until a month or two ago when I made the switch to Linux (Ubuntu, to be exact).I've now changed to where I love Ubuntu more than I ever did Windows. The amount of free software for it, the speed of it, everything is better.The only issue I have at this point is the lack of ability to play most newer Windows based games (namely the MMORPG's). Due to that I am dual-booting XP but I use XP solely for my gaming that can not otherwise be done on Ubuntu.

I used Windows 2000 for 2 years and jumped to Xp. XP is very simple and easy to use. I used Vista for sometimes then it is not easy to use. There are many teaks and enhancement tools to enhance XP so I wonder with my PC. Earlier I am thinking about upgrading my pc to Vista, as my friend, many people said vista is not good to use as XP. I am planning to upgrade Windows 7 after it release. I tested it, it is better than vista.I have not any experience using Linux platform Operating System but I also used MAC operating system which is also good. Finally Xp is my favorite Operating System.

My Vote: Ubuntu

Until last year, I was completely unaware of any other OS other than Windows (and of course it's different versions). I grew up using Windows 95,98,ME,2000 and XP. All these years it became sort of a ritual to format the system once in two months or so, because the OS would frequently crash if I gave it a slight overload. Of course it was my fault too, but I used to grumble that such a famous OS couldn't handle a little strain. Then Vista came and I was shocked at what Windows had become . I couldn't bear Vista a bit and switched back to Windows.

By this time I knew about the existence of other OSes such as Linux and Mac OS, but someone had brainwashed me that Linux was very hard to use and OS X was very exensive. So I kept away for a while, but after even XP began to trouble me frequently, I took the giant leap and switched to Ubuntu, and it was the best possible experience I could get. Except for the fact that the latest games couldn't be played on it, there was no other reason for me not to use Ubuntu. (Older games can be played conveniently using a software called "Wine")

No viruses, good stable speeds, easy to learn, and friendlier than the other Linux distributions......there are a lot of reasons to switch to Ubuntu. I've been using Windows 7 recently but that's just to quench my gaming thirst ;) And from the voting done so far, you can see that Ubuntu is just behind XP, which means there are certainly a lot of people leaving Windows and joining the Linux community!!!