xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Evil/dark Games?

I was wondering if anyone could give me a few titles i could look at. Basically im after something that follows the general story line of:You become a dark lord, overlord, evil soldier within a horde or something like that, and you then steal rape and pillage your way through the world killing anyone who stands in your way and taking their stuff etc...Sort of like the classic RPGs that go something like:A dark portal has been opened and the hordes are approaching. You are tasked with defending your realm and slaying the dark lord before its too late....But i wanna be on the dark side :)I looked at the "Overlord" games but they had rubbish reviews so im thinking perhaps not. But thats the style of game im interested in! Something violent, dark and mature. Not corny or childish.Are there any such games for the 360? Not much of a PC gamer and i dont have a playstation (nor any plans to get one)

Off the top of my head, I'd say the closest titles would be Morrowind/Oblivion (though options for being evil are a bit limited, they are there, particularly if you take in to account the whole vampirism/lycanthropy thing) and, though I've never played it, Fable (anyone here care to comment?). If you're not so fussed about the era/setting, you could try Fallout 3, though I'd hazard a guess that you're after a more fantasy-based game.

I am indeed looking for a mediaeval/fantasy setting. I had a look at the oblivion series but like you said, the darker side is limited. I dont know *exactly* what im after, i just like the idea of riding through the landscape on a horse of doom laying siege to everything i see! But i dont know if game makers have come round to that idea yet!I think fable is much the same as Oblivion in its good/evil thing and isnt quite dark enough. Free roaming is good too :)

I think the whole idea would make for a unique and excellent game title. Its a shame we don't have something like this out already. The part where you are able to rape people may be too extreme and offensive though. I do not think something like that will be allowed to be released. Do you remember that game about some racist clan running around murdering other ethnic groups? I think that game was outlawed but its still distributed around. I would be interested in testing it out for personal reason just to see how good of a game it is. I am not a racist I just like to see what others have made.

Just to clarify i didnt mean the raping of people! But the raping of villages EG stealing everything, destroying it etc... ID never buy a game that included rape unless it was part of the storyline and was condemned by the story and/or game makers "Girl gets raped, you see it, turns you into a mental psycho vigilante who goes round killing rapists" Thatd be acceptable, and a pretty fun game i expect.But yeh, it is a shame that game makers have instead gone with the "Save your realm from the dark side" option. I liked hte fact WoW has the horde side that gives you a bit of that experience but at the end of the day its an MMORPG so your actions change virtually nothing in the world and its only really the storyline that gives it the "evil" feel.Im just fed up of all the "rules" as it were with current games. Oh no you cant kill him, hes a bad guy... BOOM. I did kill him, now what ya gonna do?! Thats what i want!Definitely going to get prototype though. Theres something nice about free-running your way around a city and slashing everyone you see... I liked Assassins creed for that too. They just need something darker, amassing an army of the legions of death and marching them up to the gates of a fortress of white knights, demanding their surrender and when they refuse laying siege to their pretty little town. I could quite happily be a game writer! I also have a fairly original twist on the assassination genre too :)

@Shadowx, even i like the side of antagonist and anti-heroes. but very few games are there for them. wish there were games for something like this. freedom to choose sides. aah, anyway we're stuck with typical story line.

Aye, thats the problem with games. They are simply stories that are paused while you do something..."And the hero battled the 3 goblins" *Waits for the user to kill 3 goblins* "and then went to his trainer in the city" *waits for user to get to the trainer* and so on. its too restrictive!