xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FruitRocks

Lucid Dreaming

In case you don't know what lucid dreaming is first, it is where you convince you're body that you are actually "alive" in a dream. So in theory, you can do anything you want (and yes I mean Everything). Here's my question: Because we aren't born doing this, could this screw up our mind somehow? Like I said before we weren't exactly meant to go into almost subconsciousness. :)

I am not sure if it can mess up your mine any, but i do know for a fact that you body will reacted to pain and bruising. Mu Hubby Lucid Dreams allot with out trying to and seems to wake up with sore mussels and sometimes huge welts, as allot of time he dreams about sword fight and such. He writes sifi/fantasy stuff as a hobby, and a lot of time he dreams his story's. Plus Who said we were not meant to go in to the subconsciousness, may be that what holding us back as a race. Just think of the thing we mite beable to do and over come if we could do so at will. Also we are born doing it, What do you thing a 1 hour old baby really dreams about. the younger a person is the more deeper they dream and have higher brain actively in there sleep. IT only as we get older and TOLD , no your not to do that , or you can't that we lose all the wonderful things The human mind can do.

Once i heard about this "lucid dream" things, but i don't understand it very much. I saw that at the TV, and it looks so cool. You can aware while you're sleeping. Is it real? Has anyone really tried it? They sell CD so that we can experience it. Has anyone tried it?

I don't think it can mess us up, being able to lucid dream is sort of like a 6th sence nothing huge like smoking or doing drugs that can affect our bodiesAs a reply to the comment above well it must be real, I mean If not idk what the whole craze is about, but it is really hard to luciddream, you have to be able to know that that is a dream and ur allowed to do whatever u want, tricky enough most of us wake up when we realize that it is a dream, no matter how hard we try to continue the dream *while we sleep our mind is working on connecting ideas and storing the important stuff about the day into our brain, so that I think is the only thing that can be messed up In any way if you continue to lucid dream, you'll feel crancky and annoyed and a bit restless is you won't be really obtaining much deep sleep

I've learned a lot about lucid dreaming, and as far as I know this won't screw up your mind. When I was a kid I started to have this dream: sometimes, at night, I felt I was awake but I couldn't move my body (I guess many of you would have been through similar experiences, it's very common) Because of this I had this sleep disorder called night terrors. I started to see all kinds of things when I was in this state. I thought they were true because I was conscious, but they weren't. It was just a dream - Lucid dream.When I was a kid, obviously I didn't understood what happened and somehow it stopped happening, for like 7 years.Then, when I was a teenager I started to have these dreams again, and I started to search for answers, I talked to a lot of people and well, then I started to learn about lucid dream, that's nothing else but being conscious while you sleep and dream.Now it happens once in a while, and I enjoy it while it lasts. I don't control it 100%... And I'm not interested on controlling it anymore, but when it happens, it's cool.So I tell you, I've had lucid dreams since I'm 3 years old. 23 years later I can tell you my mind is absolutly fine. I don't see dead people... And I don't hear the voices either... LOL... When I was a kid it was a problem because I didn't know what was going on, but now that I know it's not a big deal. If you wanna learn, there are lots of resources on the net... Some people think this is only dreams, lucid dreams and others think they're actually astral journeys. Me? I don't know what to believe yet. I'm still learning. =) but whatever it is it's an interesting experience.

i have been lucid dreaming for around 6 years now and everytime i go to sleep its like going into a world of my own, i have friends a house and a city i live in. Its really fun ones you get used to it. Smokin joints and sipping wine in hollywood can be a nice rest from the day ^^I also think we were meant to be doing this i dont know why but i am sure of it :)

maybe you were meant to teach others how to do it.

i have been lucid dreaming for around 6 years now and everytime i go to sleep its like going into a world of my own, i have friends a house and a city i live in. Its really fun ones you get used to it. Smokin joints and sipping wine in hollywood can be a nice rest from the day ^^
I also think we were meant to be doing this i dont know why but i am sure of it :)

who knows bro, who knows. My dream is to become a teacher of history though

LastCause: I Have heard from my Great gramma ( age 112 ) that if you dream that or live as one in your dreams it signify you will live long and be a wittiness to somthing that will turn the world from the current path. She gave me WW1 as an example, Quote "not like these ninny war's they have now a days".thou I do belive it does not have to be a war , just something that changes the way we look at the world and human race as a hole.

really? Well such event is on its way :) i can assure you