xisto Community
kobra500

Open Question To Disbelievers Of Evolution

I believe in Evolution.

I believe in Creation.

Yes, I believe in both.

How? You may ask?

The secret is in Genesis 1:1-2. Lets take a look at the Scriptures.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters

The word translated "was" from the Hebrew is better translated as "became". Most of the time, when you see "was" or "is" in your Old Testament Bible, it was supplied by the Translators for clarity. They were not in the oroginal Hebrew, because they are implied by the language. The fact that this word "was" actually in the original Hebrew text should give us a clue. Anyways, verse two is better translated as "The earth became without form and void..."

So why would the Earth become desolate? I believe it was the Fall of Satan. I mean, we can clearly see that Satan rebelled before the Creation story in Gensis 1:3-2:3. After all, we see him in the Garden of Eden leading Adam and Eve to sin.

So the Creation story in Genesis 1:3-2:3 is actually a RE-Creation story rather than a creation story. God is re-creating the world after God's judgement against Satan and his fallen angel comrades.

So where does Evolution come in?

There's a reason that just about every scientist (95% of all scientists, and over 99% of scientists in the Life sciences [such as biology]) believe in Evolution. There is quite a lot of evidence in several different fields of science that attest to evolution. So when did it happen then, to fit with the Bible? I believe it was between the creation of the Universe (the Big Bang and following events) in Genesis 1:1 and Satan's Fall and God's judgement against the Earth in Genesis 1:2. I believe that the majority of time of the known universe (several billion years) exist within this time frame, and this is when life evolved over the course of billions of years and thats when God destroyed everything as part of his judegement. Then he recreated everything as described in the first creation story.

Yes, I know there is no biblical support that evolution happend during the "gap" between Genesis 1:1-2 (and most Gap theologists deny evolution ever happening), but the writers of the Bible had no clue about evolution, so God didn't mention it when he inspired the writing of the Bible. With the evidence of evolution, it had to have happened sometime. I think it best logically fits there.

Gap creationism (also known as Ruin-Restoration creationism, Restoration creationism, or "The Gap Theory"), is a form of Old Earth creationism that posits that the six-day creation, as described in the Book of Genesis, involved literal 24-hour days, but that there was a gap of time between two distinct creations in the first and the second verses of Genesis, explaining many scientific observations, including the age of the Earth.

~"Gap Creationism", Wikipedia

I believe in Evolution.

I believe in Creation.

Yes, I believe in both.

How? You may ask?

The secret is in Genesis 1:1-2. Lets take a look at the Scriptures.

The word translated "was" from the Hebrew is better translated as "became". Most of the time, when you see "was" or "is" in your Old Testament Bible, it was supplied by the Translators for clarity. They were not in the oroginal Hebrew, because they are implied by the language. The fact that this word "was" actually in the original Hebrew text should give us a clue. Anyways, verse two is better translated as "The earth became without form and void..."

So why would the Earth become desolate? I believe it was the Fall of Satan. I mean, we can clearly see that Satan rebelled before the Creation story in Gensis 1:3-2:3. After all, we see him in the Garden of Eden leading Adam and Eve to sin.

So the Creation story in Genesis 1:3-2:3 is actually a RE-Creation story rather than a creation story. God is re-creating the world after God's judgement against Satan and his fallen angel comrades.

The trouble is that this makes as little sense, scientifically, as creationism does. You are still left trying to explain the current diversity of species from the survivors of the Ark - something which cannot be done.