xisto Community
bluedragon

Need Help With 'drive Not Ready' Error Operating System : Windows XP Pro x64

Hi. I recently switched from Win XP pro 32 bit to 64 bit. Did a Clean install. It was working fine for a few days but then it started showing this weird error. I thought It must have been an error due to installation of some third party program but that wasn't the case coz I uninstalled most of the third party progs. I've attached a jpeg of the error. Hope that helps. Please suggest what Should I do P.S. Even scanned with HijackThis and scan is normal without any doubtful entries .

post-61260-1247549121_thumb.jpg

It seems like some sort of.. architecture error. Do you have all the latest microsoft framework, visual C++ package, ect ect? I would think that is you rmost likely cause. Go to the source of the third party program.. wait... when exactly does this occur?

It is a driver issues, did you happen to update the drivers for your CD/DVD, USB, or anything else that required to install some drivers? Odds are it is not being accepted or it doesn't run with the operating system you have installed. Also make sure you check the connections to all your hardware and make sure everything is connected properly. Also what software have you installed after installing the OS that might help figure out where it could be as well?I would have a better answer to your problem but google doesn't have that exception going on so you might have to call your PC tech if its a name brand or send a email to Microsoft for a solution, don't call you be charge with a bunch of money to pay for it.

Thanks for the fast replies :)@ Tramposch : This error pops up only during the startup of windows.. And yes I have most of the VC++ and other components up to date. I am saying this bcoz I have some progs that do require this and they are working fine.@ Saint_Michael : I'll try updating USB drivers. My Mobo is Asus P5Q and the USB architecture requires its own drivers (Don't know why but It installed it when I inserted the Motherboards CD) anyways.. I'll try updating that .. and I don't think Any software installed is causing that problem. Initially , I suspected Winamp causing this issue since after that only this error started popping :D .. But I guess I was wrong, Since I've noticed it pops up even when the Winamp is not even running. Can Nero cause this ?.. I'll try my brain at this .. Hope I find the solution.. Its just irritating and nothing more coz everything is working fine It pops up two three times .. I just press Cancel or Continue or Retry and it goes away ..

Does it happen even if you don't have a disc inside? Have you tried others, as that may be some boot measure of the disc you have inside that doesn't work or something.About Winamp, try uninstalling it and removing all registry entries by doing Start > Run > regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Winamp and remove that folder. Try again.

@SpiderVV : What disc ? :) where ?btw.. The error has been resolved.. I figured it was showing A: (Floppy Drive) in My Computers and I don't have a floppy drive . I just disabled it and till now, I haven't seen it occur again :DMods you may close the thread. Issue resolvedThanks Everyone :P