xisto Community
BCD

How To Whitelist Gamma.xisto.com In Gmail

Hello,

I have a contact form which sends form data using php "mail" function. The problem is that the mails sent through the gamma.xisto.com always end up in spam folder. I tried to filter messages, but I can't, because the "senders email" is set as the email which the user enters. I want to keep this way only.

Here is the email headers which I am using:

$headers = 'From: '.$email_from."\r\n".'Reply-To: '.$email_from."\r\n" .'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();@mail($email_to, $email_subject, $email_message, $headers);

As I told, I want to keep the "From" email the one which user enters. My question is, how do I whitelist gamma.xisto.com.

This appears as "mailed by" as seen in the screenshot:

Posted Image

There is no option to in the filter settings to filter by "mailed-by" value.

I haven't explored much into gmail's features. So if there is a way to white list that and send to inbox, please let me know.

Thanks

For the time being, when you click to view the e-mail in Gmail, look for the label "spam" with the "x" next to it and click on the "x". This should allow mail from gamma.xisto.com to be sent into your inbox instead of the spam folder.

That didn't work for me. I have to add the address so that it won't be consider as spam anymore.

For the time being, when you click to view the e-mail in Gmail, look for the label "spam" with the "x" next to it and click on the "x". This should allow mail from gamma.xisto.com to be sent into your inbox instead of the spam folder.

Clicking the "X" button does remove it from the spam folder, but only for that email address. But the contact form has new visitors, with new email addresses each time. Anyway it only takes a second to click it. Also to solve the problem of these mails mixing with spam, I use search in spam box. The form has a common subject like "Email from ", so when I search for it I get all mails sent by the form, then I just select all and move to inbox.To solve it permanently, I was thinking if I can buy a separate IP address for the website. I think it would solve the problem. But, I have no idea how this thing works. Is it possible?

If you do have your own domain, I believe that its just forwarded and overlapped, but gamma.xisto.com is actually the server, or is it your website? Apaprently, gamma.xisto.com isn't built, after checking it, so I doubt it is your site. I think the problem is that way it gets forwarded means that the message is automated. GMAIL considers it spam because its automated and everytime you force it form going into spam, it considers it for that message, the actually server itself is blocked in GMAIlL. I would try using a third-party client, use something like Outlook or Thunderbird for some more robust features, but I don't know myself, since GMAIL is one of the most robust web clients I have seen.

Hey there, thats a great idea, I never thought about it. Using email clients. Also you gave a hint on using other services, like yahoo or msn, I will check them if they can whitelist. Thanks.

Just to give you all an update about this issue. The emails from the gamma server are not being considered spam anymore. They all arrive in inbox now.

The Gamma Xisto server must have previously been blacklisted by GMail, probably because a rogue hosting account user was sending out SPAM advertising emails, or just sending enormous levels of emails enough to trigger the Gamma Xisto server's inclusion on the blacklist. Personally, even though I had a hosting account here with Xisto, I preferred to set up my own email services with Google Apps running the email for the domain name. Apart from some minor configuration issues at the beginning, where I was unable to find out how to change certain records, I have been successfully using my domain with Google Apps (includes GMail) without any problems whatsoever.