xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sarnox

Can't Remember That One Game, It's Killing Me! Expert gaming help needed

Hi everyone! Really need your help! Recently I've been trying to remember an old-school game to no avail. I've had countless, sleepless nights thinking about this one game I'm trying to find. I used to play it at a friend's house years ago and I can only barely remember a few details of it. It's an rpg and remembering the graphics it could have been for the SNES or one of the first rpgs on the ps1. All I can remember is that you had a menu-like overview to either enter town or the dungeon/castle or some of the other sites. The dungeon layout was similar to Eye of the Beholder or the usual old D&D games where you ran through the dungeon in a 3d perspective, but always facing one of the 4 directions (N,S,E,W). It might have been rather a remake of eye of the beholder with better graphics/colors. The town was built in a similar fashion that you'd scroll through the different buildings/npcs as if you were standing in the middle of the town and circling around yourself. The npcs and what not would change depending on how far you progressed through the dungeon and I can clearly remember a specific merchant npc with rare items that would only appear later on in the game. Dungeon walls would change color in relation of how deep you had traveled through it. I think the party had about 4-6 members in it with the usual rpg-like skills and spells. Occasionally there were "warps" (?) or some other similar mechanism to get out of the dungeon and back to the overview map where you could select the town again.If anyone has any idea what game this is, please let me know :( Thanks for everyone's help!-Nox

I have no idea what the game is, but have you tried looking at some Emulator / ROM websites where old games are available for download? Some times they have little write ups or screen shots which might help you identify the game.

I have no idea what the game is, but have you tried looking at some Emulator / ROM websites where old games are available for download? Some times they have little write ups or screen shots which might help you identify the game.

Thank you for the tip, I'll try it out.
I have all Snes roms from a 4gb pack, but haven't found it yet..

This is really bothering me, any other help is appreciated!

I know how it feels, there was a movie I searched long and hard to identify but failed. It wasn't an important movie but the thought of not being able to figure out what it was bothered me immensely! I hope you find it. As a last resort, you could always get one of those Men In Black things that erase your memory, then it wouldn't bother you anymore. Maybe there's a MIB in the "Michael Jackson is an Alien" thread....?

Back like 13 or so years ago I used to play this game on the nes, I'm pretty sure the nes, and you were this guy with a sword I believe, it was a side scroller, and I remember that there were different levels in the beginning, and you would get to the end of them and kill like a dragon, or a rock golem guy, and after you killed them, you could transform into each of them for the rest of the game, the dragon was a little blue one, I remember hardly anything I just want to find this game again. Any help?

You dident mension on what platform the game whas so i'l say that you are talking about the PC [becouse the best rpg are on this platform]-Diablo ? [one of the most old school games , this whas the first game to implement the random item statistics]-Titan quest [ it look preaty old and it has the warp gates that you talk about]-baldur's gates [ old game , a good one ]-neverwinter nights[same old game it has a big party , a nice storyline and a good gameplay , and the same the warp portals]If i dident say the game you dident mean , pm me and il try to remember other games