xisto Community
Ike_ve

Quit Gaming Can Gamers Quit Gaming?

1337? What's your specs, Ash? :P Still, I always loved gaming and I can't just leave it, school or not, etc. Sometimes I always have to get my PC to vacations because sometimes I need something to do and I can just... play a game. GTA, Sims, MTA, Midtown madness, whatever. I always need some good game that actually RUNS in my PC and if it's fun I can stay there and play for hours. :lol: Practically I can stay in the PC a lot of time and my eyes never hurt :(Word. lol

I Did have quite a high Ghz speed though It started overheating a bit so changed the overclock speed to 5.60Ghz, 12GB, x2 1TB.Anything else you would like to know?I am one of the biggest gamers you will probably ever meet no jokz :lol:!

This is not just a question, i don't want to see posts like: Yes, they can, no They can't. I wanna see discussions.

I'm talking about gamers that play games 5to10 hours a day. Can they quit gaming? Especially WoW gamers.

Yes, they can, but the kind of people who are really into WoW don't quit, they have to be pried away from it by their loved ones. It's not an easy task either, it's like trying to remove the little alien thingies from Alien; they don't go without a fight, and in many cases tryinh to remove them can kill the host. :lol:

The gaming is so addictable. It is fun for young children and for old people. Every gamer has his taste of gaming, like i play just FPS games, they are better.

Woah woah waoh, back up, FPS games are not better than any other genre, it's a matter of preference. RPGs, platformers, and puzzle games are all still selling, and do you know why? People do play them. If your sentence had ended at "like i play just FPS games," that would have been okay, but since it didn't, I felt the need to call this out.

After playing cs 1.6 for some time (2-3 years), 4-5 hours a day. I tried to quit playing CS. I removed CS 1.6 from my PC, after 2 days i found another game (Warcraft 3, dota.) that i got addicted to again. I made many times like this, once i didn't play cs for 6 months, but that time was when i was playing NFS MW. My point it, a gamer can't quit gaming. Maybe he can quit playing one game, but he always can find another that it will fill the void.

I don't think this is true either. That's like saying you can't quit drugs, smoking, alcohol, violent movies, coffee, or loud music. You CAN quit, it's just hard when you're addicted, and for some things it is harder than others. Quitting gaming is harder than some things, and easier than others, but you can quit. The reason you don't see people quitting very often is that it doesn't have as many adverse effects on your daily life (as long as you aren't losing sleep) as something like alcoholism. I have seen people start playing games less when it becomes destructive to their relationships, but an hour here or there doesn't hurt.

Also, for WoW players, on the net i see many clips when boys are like they are crazy (mentally) becouse their parents deleted their WoW account. There are WoW players that play WoW 15 or more hours a day. That's why i don't want to even start playing WoW, becouse i see it is very addictable.

Are you talking about this clip: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Look at the views, over ten million. If this was a daily occurrence for teens all over the country, this video would be nothing special. People don't upload videos of themselves sitting in a corning and feeling minor sadness over a lost WoW account, they upload outrageous outbursts that are seriously out of the norm, most of which are fake. Yes, WoW can be addictive, but only if you make it to be so. If you're obsessed with maxing out your level and being #1 on the PvP rankings, you are going to be spending 16 odd hours per day during the weekend. If you're only in it to have some fun and see your buddies online now and then, it'll probably be very easy for you to quit if you need to.

Have you quit playing games? Have you tried..? You are not a gamer if you play games 1-2 hours a day. You are not a gamer if you don't play games at least 5 days a week.

Yes, of course. You can quit WoW and any games if you dare. I was used to be a WOW player in Taiwanese realm for three or four years, and I have two lv80 characters and tons of under-lv80 ones. As computer gaming bought a negetive impact to my interpersonal relationship and my studies, I decided to withdraw from WOW just one month ago. If you found you have lost something in your life, you may stop playing games (computer, gaming console) for weeks or months.

Quitting gaming isn't very easy especially games that come out with new content that continues your interest. Basically its based on how much will power the user has, which definitely decides if its easy to just leave gaming or will always be a gamer. Also outside instances, like deaths, love, etc. Really I think if you really like games, you will continue to play them even until you become old if you have the time for it. But everything is based on life instances. Games that are MMORPG based have more a hold on individuals I believe due to the time and effort they place within the characters, they don't want to lose all that. So in belief they continue playing their characters for very long periods of time without the thought of quitting. Because when you quit a game like that, you feel like you wasted a lot of time and money (if P2P).