xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
100janovski

What Religion Are You? Discussion about trap17 users religion

I am a member of the Christian Congregation in Honduras. We only have one official church here. It?s located in Olanchito, Yoro.I don?t know what you think to get with this post but this question is very direct. The worst are religion discussions and this is what you will get with this question.Be paceful. Let the fanatism to the insanes.Regards.

Here in Europe, pretty much all people are Christians, and i am still one in some way, but mainly i used to be a Christian, after all the bad things i saw in the world in 31 years i have been living, i had to lost my believe in Jesus Christ as my God.How can i believe in a God or Gods if i see people suffering and dieing like no human being should, even the worst kind of human beings, i can not, even when i was a kid, i had 6 years of Sunday school, i graduate it all, but even then, in that time, everything seemed to be false, even a lie, in many ways.How can i believe there is a God if he does not do a thing for all the bad things happened since his supposed death and resurrection, i know why, because He/She/It does not exist.I came to simple conclusion a long time ago, religion was created to help everyone with their problems since men will not, and to help men know what is right and wrong, common sense and morality.

Edited by freeflashclocks (see edit history)

I am non-denominational Christian. I believe in some things and disbelieve in others.To me there is no 'true' religion, because we have no idea what the original text says. Language is changed when being repeated from one person to another so think about from one language to another. Now break it into a language where barely anyone can even speak it, and then convert it from there (Hebrew) to another to another to another and then to English.There is just too much unexplained and un-proven.

I was an Orthodox Christian like the OP, mainly because I was raised that way and I did have big faith in the Christ and the Lord, when I prayed to them I regained a spiritual peace, I prayed for lots of stuff. I don't like to tell about what and show false modesty.

I'm more like an atheist now, I don't believe in God or in those kinds of supernatural stuff, but I'm not that hardcore atheist either. In the end I understood that I don't need spiritual peace with praying, I can calm myself down thinking of how many other people have worse problems than mine and how some of them aren't even as nervous as I am!

Believe in whatever you want, but don't make yourself a fundamentalist **insert whatever here**, that just sucks and leads nowhere.

My motto is to be good as much as you can and believe in my capabilities and myself, and to leave the faith in everything as second. Too bad I don't follow it always and I put too much faith in people just to be disappointed at the end.

Hummm... Religion... It has been a huge question in my life. When I was born, my parents baptized me as catholic. When I grew up I had this need of finding the true church and such... And I have to say that the catholic system didn't meet my needs. There were a lot of things that I wasn't agree with...After years of looking for the right religion I came to the answer for me: There is no perfect religion. (For me, I respect everybody's thoughts) My religion is Jesuschrist and God, and that's all...I really don't believe in religions, the humanbeings had made a huge mess with them... I don't know if you get what I mean...

Edited by Polipop (see edit history)

hi...I AM ashish ranjan, i belongs from india mean to say that i am a indian i am belonging from hindu rilision. INDIA IS my countrydo you knw hwhy we are called hindu because we born in a free country mean to say that i am from sovreing country and that is indiya

I'm an Orthodox Christian as well, and I love it. 

The doctrines are sound and were approved even before the Great Schism. Though the Church can have some problems at the end of the day we have 2,000 years of history and teachings, not only from the Bible, but also the Saints and Church Fathers to rely on.

Everything we do and the way we do it in Liturgy, in Vespers, in Othros, anything involving the Sacraments, has a reason or a purpose based in our faith. Incense is an analogy taken from the Psalms when David says: My prayer rises as incense before you (141), we all take the Eucharist from the same cup and the same spoon as a symbol of our unity in the Body of Christ. We bake Prosphora in five loaves, because Jesus used five when he fed the 5,000. The practice of burning a flag if it touches the ground is borrowed from the Orthodox, if the Eucharist is spilt the carpet is cut out and burned. 

There are so many wonderful things about our Faith. Being Orthodox is my favorite thing about myself. I love my church, and the Church, my priest, my bishop, and especially my fellow 'Doxans :].

-reply by Irene

This is a hard question for a person from India, with a Hindu background. In our records, our religion is marked as Hinduism and other people used to call us by that name. But for us, it is not a religion with a strict sets of beliefs, symbols, concept of a creator God etc.I personally prefer to call myself as a "Vedantist", that can be translated to a Hindu it its common form, of course. Swami Vivekananda used to denote the Hindu's of India as Vedantists, the followers of the Vedas, world's most ancient religious philosophy. Hindu means an inhabitant of Hindustan, the term coined by the Persian invaders to refer to the people on the other side of the river Sindhu. So today, it should include all citizen of India, including Muslims, Christians and people of other faiths.So, to conclude, I am a Hindu in general and a Vedantist in its specific meaning.