xisto Community
miladinoski

Sims 3 Review pictures and opinion

Posted ImageFrom the first Sims® which came out in the year of 2000 and up until now, the game became the most successful and bestselling product of Electronic Arts, the company that makes all the popular sport titles and many other good games. But, in the end, the simulation of real life is on first place with more than 1.4 million copies sold from the first week when The Sims 3® came out — June the 2nd. Well, is there anything more interesting than watching your man/woman... umm... I mean sim sleep, stidy, cook, bathe, go to work and surf on the web?

To those unkown to this game (do those kinds of people exist? :angel:) Sims is a virtual world in which you control one (or more) characters to build up whole families, who go to school, have kids, find a job, get in love, fight and die. And Sims isn't creative in the characters alone, it's quite original when it comes to designing houses, rooms, gardens... That's Sims, but only the first 2 parts!

The third game from this franchise really broadens the horizons and even if you aren't graphically oriented (like me), you'll love the fact that the Sims world isn't just closed in one house, now full ciites exist in which your sim can walk, buy, play some chess :( and so on... Thus, your sim will communicate with the whole community, something that's a whole new aspect of this game. And you don't even have to get out of the house to meet the others, you can call them on their phone :excl:

As a virtual world, EA tried and succeeded in following the trends of the real world, because except the usual stuff like cars and mobile phones, there's the internet too where you can chat with your friends, troll on web forums and even hack sites and make money besides the general surfing.

Posted Image

The jobs in The Sims 3 are also broadend. You can set up how he will behave on the job, will he be friendly with his colleagues or will he try hard to earn his money or even to make him do less work as possible. Too bad it's behind close doors, but many hope that in the next Sims, you'll be able to control your sim when he's at work.

The other new stuff is you can create 5 characteristics of your sim which will influence on his behaviour, e.g. if you choose him to be 'certifiable crazy' he will thell ghost stories to his friends and blabber to himself when no one's looking just to make himself have more fun.

I haven't tried it, but many say that the online aspect of the game isn't something special. There existed a store where you can buy stuff with the points generated from playing the game, trade pictures and short movies of your sims and that's about it I guess... :excl:

Maybe we should expect much more in the multiplayer platform of the next Sims.. Who knows? :excl:

Sims 3 is the best Sims game ever made to date. They finally added some realism flavor to the gameplay. I dont think they will go much more in the multiplayer side of Sims due to the failure of The Sims Online. The Sims Store seems to be the new way to expand content for Sims 3 rather on how they did in Sim 2, pushing expansion and made it bloated in the end.

I think you have to agree that the whole point of the game becomes boring :( In the beginning everything seems to be very exciting but the fun wears off and if the game is so huge like Sims 3, then you are bound to be bored at some time or the other! And not to mention the numerous clones that have come up since this game became popular. Well it was a bit fun to try this one out. Has anyone tried Spore? It is like Sims, but really too weird and too long!

I really love the Sims 3 but it is too repetitive in my opinion. It's an enhancement to the Sims 2 with a ton of more features but it really does get boring after a while. The graphics for the game are amazing. I would rather play the game on a console (PS3) rather that on the computer because I think it is much easier to control and the computer makes it hard to play on if you have a crappy computer like I do. I play with 1 GB of RAM causing the frame rate to decrease dramatically making it hard and a pain to play.

I think you have to agree that the whole point of the game becomes boring :(
In the beginning everything seems to be very exciting but the fun wears off and if the game is so huge like Sims 3, then you are bound to be bored at some time or the other!

Exactly! I was kinda exited when I first got TS3, I thought it would be adventurous and there would be a lot of things to do, but it became boring as time passed.
Apart from this, EA did a nice job. It had most of the things which could happen in real life. The only drawback was that the time went too fast and it made unable for me to manage the time, all the time I had to fulfill the needs and this is how one Sims day would end. This forced me to use cheats ;D

For me and for some people I know, most interesting game play in SIMS is to build your house and build everything how you would like it to be, so this includes using cheats to get money!when you start playing it, it may get bored, especially with SIMS1 and SIMS2, SIMS3 from what I've seen offers much more action and fun stuff to play the game.It's really a fun game for a housewife and kids :D Of course men can also play, but as I read and know from my own experience, with time you get bored and usually just start building a new house or something like that :D