xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Anyone Following The T20 World Cup Here?

I don't know very much about cricket. A few years ago I gotinto the habit of watching matches when the world cup was on,very late at night here in Canada. I was really getting to like it. I don't get the opportunity to see enough to find out more about it though.

Huh... finally the mega tourney ended. And the result was unpredictable as usual. Pakistan became the World Champions for 2009. Being runners up in the last year helped them well to face the pressure in final event. Pakistan handled the pressure very will which usually plays important role in the final results. Its surely a deserving win for Pakistan in the finals. They outplayed Sirlanka in bowling and batting. Shahid Afridi played very well in the semis and finals who made this win easier for Pak. Earlier srilanka failed in batting. Sangakkara managed somehow to reach a respectable total with the help of Mathews. Almost all others failed. The very plus point for Pakistan in this tourney is lack of expectations on them(the same helped India last year :angel: ). The requirements to win a game of T20 is the capability of handling the pressure well and little luck.. Anyway, finally Pakistanis are the champions... congrats Pak :(

Pakistan were worthy winners in my opinion, they gathered momentum throughout the tournament and arguably got better game on game. They restricted Sri Lanka well and cruised to a fairly easy victory with the bat.

Yeah good game to pak - this should help their cricket board a lot in restoring the present situation regarding playing cricket in Pakistan. Sri Lanka really dozed off at the wrong moment! Well it's over now and the world is at peace now :( That is....until the Ashes come up of course!