xisto Community
The Simpleton

How Good Are Rollable Keyboards?

This may be old technology, but I came to know about them only recently.

Rollable keyboards, which you can twist and turn into any position, and can even be washed with water have been in the market for quite a while now.But how popular are they? Are they convenient to use?

I heard someone say that the keys are not so comfortable to use. Is this true?

That's a whole lot of questions :( Can someone help me out please? Thanks in advance.

For those interested, here is a rollable silicone keyboard: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've personally never used one, but one of my mates got one a while back. He loves it because it's a lot softer and quieter than a normal keyboard. I don't think I'd be happy with one. I think because they're flat on the desk, your wrists would start to ache after a while, and you can't prop the keyboard up at the back like you can with a normal one. But I am fairly picky about my keyboards - give me an IBM Model M any day :(

Hi!@rvalkass: I've looked at the keyboard from the link you've sent and noticed that it's a wireless keyboard. I've been wondering - why would anyone want to buy a wireless flexible keyboard? It can only be used when placed on a hard surface and a wireless keyboard needs batteries to run.The flexilble rubber keyboards look cool and are quiet compared to regular keyboards, but I doubt they would outlive a regular keyboard. The idea of being able to wash the keyboard does sound very appealing though.Regards,Nitin

That really looks like a cool keyboard but I think wired keyboards would be better in this case. It would make a change from typing with the regular keyboard and I want that change :angel:If I'm not wrong, some of these keyboards glow in the dark too, which can be used to type in the night. Now isn't that a good feature? I think I'm gonna buy this as soon as possible. I'll give a review here when I do! :(