xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Studing In Australia, A Big Threat ?

Recently we have been witnessing that Indians are being badly thrashed in australia . So what would you comment on this ?? I would say This is one of the most intolerable act which can occur in a developed country like Australia. Australia is known for its higher education where people from different countries go there and study, but now times have changed . People have to go there study and get thrashed too. What can be done for this ?? The gov. of Australia has been saying that it has taken necessay steps to ensure safety. But still the same thing is going on. A 23 yr oldf Indian student was beaten up for the second time in a fortnight . A student complained saying that it is very bad because we pay a lot of money and we are living far from our country and we face all these situation. So what can be done about this ?? What is the solution ??

Generally we are reasonably a safe country to live in for foreigners, if you can find the right "areas". We do have strong 'Multicultural' mixes in our country and our government promotes this. But after saying that, there are realities and trends occurring in Australia that are impossible to ignore. First of all its a public fact that we are a country that makes each other feel like losers. People are also becoming more outspoken about their dislikes towards each other and are becoming more increasingly belligerent for no apparent reason but to only "share the hate around". When it comes to race related issues or otherwise, unfortunately things are changing in Australia when you compare our country to ten years ago, people just don't seem to care, kids are losing respect for their elders, etc.I live in a low-medium class socio-economic region within Northern Adelaide. Today i went to the service station to pick up some items and also to pick up a few rental DVD's from the video store. I was just walking around having a browse of videos and picked some up with mum. The result on this occasion was two people having a "go" at me just by glancing at me. I'm a regular looking Caucasian just looking to pick up some videos, nice guy, no agenda's.I have a lot of troubles from neighbor's which i just don't want to be apart of and can't understand why they hate me and each other so much. So then i tend to wonder whats going on?, this is such a regular occurrence now and many peoples only motive seems to be sharing the hate. Why don't we all TALK about this? No one does. So i never get perspective on this issue as much as i would prefer.M8, I'm a regular looking Australian who still gets a very hard time. I suggest if you want a good education there are places in "Europe" such as Sweden that offer high levels of education also, at least until things start turning around for Australia.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I'd say, nothing can be done for this. Considering the way you and the post above me described it, those people sound pretty stubborn to me. They have something on everyone, and it sounds to me that their people think their race is the best, religion, etc.I would agree that it really depends on the area that you are in. Just like in any other country, there is a poor area, mid-wealthy area, and a rich area, or maybe an area with a low crime level and a high crime level. You just have to pick the right area to be in.

The way I see it everywhere is about the same,at least in the Western world.You can find little pockets of areas where people are a little more laid back and friendlier though. In society people are just generally frustrated.They like to let this frustration out on other people.If they can't do it on a racial level,they'll doit on a monetary level,discriminating against the poor,or those not as fortunate.It gives people a shot of adrenalin to cut somebody else down.People should just stop and smell the roses.

Too right, i agree with the comments made by 'networker', unfortunately some people define their happiness by cutting other people down (its just sad for them because they were much better once).

I agree completely with the above comments...People of any country, even Indians, will generally vent out their anger on complete strangers if they are provoked. For example, if someone in the street shouts "Thief Thief!" what do people generally do? The sensible thing to do would be to capture him and hand him over to the police. That sure happens but in between the public tries to beat him up a bit and in this process they vent out all their anger...Now how people in other countries do this "venting out" depends on their own personalities - we cannot blame a whole country for being racist just because a small group of people did something like this. Students should be careful not to run into the wrong sort of crowd and this should do for now.

Please Provide evidence of this, i want to read it sounds interesting, also, one may be more security around it should stop have more phones around and what i believe whats happening is that the victims are to scared to say anything that they eventually get beat up because they did nothing to prevent that. Its a safer place to have phones around the school, specially when someone is walking around at night the telephones can be extremely useful (emergency telephones)There are many reasons what can be done and not done but best decision is up to the people getting picked on if they know things are happening they should warn cops and not be afraid, that's whats most known to students that are just there for school they are afraid of getting in trouble of calling cops.This is what i heard from one of my teachers and the facts sound correct i remember reading a Copy of a magazine of this in an article they wrote i don't have the information of where exactly is located but i know it was a magazine made in 2008

The Indian newspapers have sincerely been following the numerous attacks happening down under.Here's just one of the articles that keep appearing almost everyday. This one is just a snippet, but underneath it you can see links to other stories too.

Attack on 20-yr old

Some are getting scared to go to Australia while some are confident that if they dont provoke the Aussies nothing will happen to them. Well I just hope all this gets settled soon.

i am not ready tio accept that due to threaten we should not study in australia.we should study were wver we weant to study .we should make the people understand that we should live to gdether with love and with afection to eatcfhotherwe should do any thing so that people become angry frome us