xisto Community
softaculous

Softaculous Auto Installer

vBulletin is not free and at the moment we havent contacted them.We have completed another 25 softwares which will be released in the next 8 days from today.At the same time we will also be releasing and maintaining Updates for all the softwares we have added uptil now.We just released version 1.6!So please stay tuned.

It shows you how much I pay attention in the forums or rather on topics, I came across this package last month when I was on Cpanel. Couldn't figure out where this came until I ask OpaQue about it and explained it to me what this was all about. My question is how updated do you keep the actual software? Granted you offer a lot of software, but I prefer the software to be constantly updated instead of adding new stuff, but I prefer to have updated and secured software instead of many options.

The following softwares have been updated to their respective newer versions: 1) Wordpress - 2.8 2) Joomla - 1.5.12 3) Drupal - 6.13 4) B2evolution - 2.4.7 Users will be able to update their existing Installations as well.

I'm going to sound like a complete fool, but what is all this stuff? I have no idea! It looks like an impressive collection of things and I'd be glad to try it out, but I haven't heard of 99% of them. What's cPanel? Are all the things in softaculous installer stuff that you can use on a webpage? I've had a forum before, is it like that? Software to run on web servers? I'm very new to all this web design stuff, and the softaculous web page is greek to me. lolPlease, enlighten this newbie!

Cpanel is the software which manages your account on the Xisto. It is a Web Hosting Manager package.Fantastico and Softaculous are other softwares packages which allow you to install pre-built softwares such as Forum Software, Blog software, CMS, CRM, Auction packages, etc. Instead of downloading a copy of AEF Forum into your local machine and then uploading it to the Cpanel, Softaculous does all of that for you as it installs the package you select. It makes adding software to your Hosting Account simple.

Ahh I see, thanks that was helpful. I figured that's what it was for. I just noticed that the softaculous website describes what all of the individual software does too. Pretty cool. Will have to try softaculous out.

Hi, We've got amazing news, ANOTHER 25 SCRIPTS added to Softaculous. This takes the total number of Scripts installed by us to a whopping 100. I think we are the only auto installer who has so many amazing SCRIPTS. The list of amazing scripts added are as follows: 1) Serendipity 2) Magento 3) BlackNova Traders 4) Shadows Rising 5) Word Search Puzzle 6) Multi Player Checkers 7) FAQMasterFlex 8) phpLD 9) Pligg 10) Open-Realty 11) Moodle 12) WeBid 13) KPlaylist 14) Podcast Generator 15) Impleo 16) MODx 17) Website Baker 18) sNews 19) Open Blog 20) eggBlog 21) phpAlbum 22) Shutter 23) Claroline 24) PHPfileNavigator 25) UseBBWe hope you enjoy these amazing Software. Regards, The Softaculous Team